ADVERTISEMENT

8th ranked Cincinnati is only a 4 point favorite

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
over Tulsa that seems kind of low considering our history with top ten teams but maybe this will be different.

Their wins over Army and USF haven’t been too impressive. They have had 3 homes games, this is their first on the road. I like our chances.

CBS Sports gives us a 59% chance of winning the game. That's pretty good and what I would expect from a home team. We will need to cut the mental mistakes (penalties) even more than from game 1 to 2. Our D will need to be stellar until the offense can find a rhythm and it always seems to take 2-3 series before our offense finds their sea legs.

Reactions: quincy101
This will either be a really good game or a complete embarrassment like last year. No in between.

We’ve only beaten a team this talented twice recently. Last year, our conservative play calling gave the ball back to UCF with a minute left on our forty and a chance to win after they stuffed a fourth and one. Luckily, they had 12 men on the field and we were given first down and killed the clock. This year, UCF was driving and would have had a better chance at winning but for earlier penalties. They still got off a pass that would have given them a chance to tie that glance off the WR. Cincy won’t give us those types of chances to escape.

We will need to either whip their overrated butts outright or it will be a long day for the entire world to see. Beat them and we might play on regional ABC against SMU for the first time since 2010 when we were on nationwide NBC.

Last edited:
Reactions: quincy101
Hard for me to believe that Cincy is really the #8 team in the country!!!!!

We will know a lot more about Tulsa after this game and more about Cincy as well.

Go TU!!!!

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I'd say probably #15. Some of the AP voters aren't voting for the B10 / Pac12 / MW until they start playing so that's shrinking their vote tallies.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I'd say probably #15. Some of the AP voters aren't voting for the B10 / Pac12 / MW until they start playing so that's shrinking their vote tallies.
Brett McMurphy flat out states when he tweets his weekly ballot out that he's only considering teams that have played games thus far. And that's fair. At least he's seen the teams he is voting for. Seriously, there should be no polls out before week 5 or 6 in college football since it influences the CFP rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT