ADVERTISEMENT

50%

URedskin54

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2005
of age 65+ are now fully vaccinated(both doses) in Oklahoma, good for top 10 in the country. 70% of 65+ have had at least 1 dose. I’m not sure how much vaccine skepticism there is overall in Oklahoma compared to other states so ultimately there may be a ceiling that results in Oklahoma finishing lower at the end, but delivering to this many people early is going to pay off huge.

of age 65+ are now fully vaccinated(both doses) in Oklahoma, good for top 10 in the country. 70% of 65+ have had at least 1 dose. I’m not sure how much vaccine skepticism there is overall in Oklahoma compared to other states so ultimately there may be a ceiling that results in Oklahoma finishing lower at the end, but delivering to this many people early is going to pay off huge.
Touting an experimental gene targeting (gene therapy 😂) treatment that’s only been in circulation for three months is a bit premature. Just wait until the first time those nano bots in this great treatment are hacked. I hear the Chinese are pretty good at that. https://www.afcea.org/content/hacking-human-next-cyber-threat

giphy.gif

The same nanotechnology programmed to protect you can be programmed to kill you.

Vaccine skepticism is a weird phenomena, but it seems to cross all political barriers. From the whackadoodle left that think organic acai berries will cure cancer and that vaccines are poison and 'unnatural', to the loony right that thinks it is all a government conspiracy so that they can spy/control you. See a certain troll in here.

The "enlightened" continent of Europe which loves to thumb their nose at us ignorant Americans has a big problem with anti-vaxxers. Perhaps moreso than here. I think there is no better time in history to smack that nonsense down hard and force people to vaccinate if they ever want to participate in public society again. Barring medical exceptions, anyhow. I understand people might have a problem with that, and that some consider the right to their own bodily autonomy as their most fundamental right. Fine. You don't have to get vaccinated. Unless you want to get on a plane, go to a concert, eat at a restaurant, send your kids to school, etc, etc. Go live with the Amish if you want.

Vaccine skepticism is a weird phenomena, but it seems to cross all political barriers. From the whackadoodle left that think organic acai berries will cure cancer and that vaccines are poison and 'unnatural', to the loony right that thinks it is all a government conspiracy so that they can spy/control you. See a certain troll in here.

The "enlightened" continent of Europe which loves to thumb their nose at us ignorant Americans has a big problem with anti-vaxxers. Perhaps moreso than here. I think there is no better time in history to smack that nonsense down hard and force people to vaccinate if they ever want to participate in public society again. Barring medical exceptions, anyhow. I understand people might have a problem with that, and that some consider the right to their own bodily autonomy as their most fundamental right. Fine. You don't have to get vaccinated. Unless you want to get on a plane, go to a concert, eat at a restaurant, send your kids to school, etc, etc. Go live with the Amish if you want.

I really wish there were a good way to reason with / try to persuade people, but it's almost impossible with conspiratorial thinking. They will always find a new reason for the conspiracy to be true or change up the conspiracy. Now that the vaccine is proving to be quite safe in the real world I'm seeing a lot of people pivot from "it's untested" to "it's gene therapy" or being hyper fixated on a tiny number of people who may or may not have serious side effects from the AstraZeneca vaccine in a couple European countries. And that's just the 5/10 on the crazy scale stuff. The full conspiracy involves a powerful cabal of elites that want to control us of course, and since this is completely unfalsifiable there's no way to argue with it. Absence of real evidence means nothing to them.

Last edited:

You might have gone a little passed it. As far as Europe, US agencies have had questions about the disclosures of the British vaccine. But that is something the two groups will have to sort out and the EU has done poorly.

Closer to home, not allowing kids to go to school is a bit much. Probably a bit of frustration. Even in the polio days kids were not held out for lack of vaccination. By the way, I am very pro vaccine.

Last edited:
Quarantine has been a basic public health tool since biblical times and has a long history of being enforced regardless of the views of the those quarantined for the public good. Thankfully vaccines offer a way out, but the essential goal of public health has been to maintain the health of the boarder public. As long as this virus has a large body of unvaccinated and uninfected people to operate in , it will continue to create new variants in an effort to continue to maintain its ability to infect and spread. Look at measles which reappeared in the last decade as anti vaxxers began to avoid basic, well tested childhood vaccines.

I guess my view is ifluenced by my military experience. We were just told to line up and get shot after shot before being sent to the combat zone. No one asked our permission. And those air gun injections were a lot less fun than fine needle injections.

Reactions: Clong83a
Amen. You have to stand very still for an air gun or it will cut you then move up and stop again. 14 shots, some I had recieved not long before. 7 in each arm.

But we are private citizens now. I wanted my vaccine and support them. But I don’t support forcing someone to take, especially when there are people who want one and can’t get it. My granddaughter is type 1 diabetic and 20. She hasn’t had a vaccine. Are you going to shove some guy, kicking and screaming, in front of people who want a vaccine?

Amen. You have to stand very still for an air gun or it will cut you then move up and stop again. 14 shots, some I had recieved not long before. 7 in each arm.

But we are private citizens now. I wanted my vaccine and support them. But I don’t support forcing someone to take, especially when there are people who want one and can’t get it. My granddaughter is type 1 diabetic and 20. She hasn’t had a vaccine. Are you going to shove some guy, kicking and screaming, in front of people who want a vaccine?
I'm not in charge, of course, but personally I would say absolutely not. Get everyone a shot that wants it, in order of risk priority first and foremost. After we get to a point where most everyone has had it that wants it, we can start to focus on the rest.

I get that it is a sensitive issue. I just feel very strongly that vaccines are a public good that only work if 90%+ of the population take them. I'd love for us to get there voluntarily. By all means, ramp up vaccine education PR campaigns and try hard to get there without threats. But if we don't.... Some pressure must be applied, or COVID will never go away. And we should keep ramping up the societal pressure little by little until we get there. If we can get there without forcing kids with intransigent parents to be homeschooled, great. But if that's what it ultimately takes, then that's what it takes.

Otherwise, it will lurk around in the background and likely will eventually mutate to a form that vaccines are less effective on, and undermine all the hard work and sacrifices made by so many. You should have bodily autonomy, yes, but you shouldn't get to risk the public health of the entire country/world because you feel that vaccines force your chakras out of alignment or some other such nonsense without a stiff price. If you make that decision, you can and should be shunned.

None of that applies to people that have health risks concerning vaccines. Those people are just another reason why it is so important that pretty much everyone else get it.

But we are private citizens now.

Many in the military are refusing to be vaccinated. Agreed with the approach here: vaccinate everyone who wants one asap and address the situation when that is done. Medical reasons for avoiding vaccines are certainly good reasons. 90% for herd immunity leaves a lot of slack in the system.

Last edited:
Somewhere between 30-50% of the country has already been infected. If we can hit the 70% number that we've hit with seniors in the rest of the demographics we should be ok. Covid isn't going to go away either way. We're not going to vaccine it out of existence like some other illnesses, but we can make it a mostly irrelevant one hopefully

Reactions: TUMe and watu05
Many in the military are refusing to be vaccinated. Agreed with the approach here: vaccinate everyone who wants one asap and address the situation when that is done. Medical reasons for avoiding vaccines are certainly good reasons. 90% for herd immunity leaves a lot of slack in the system.
Lol 😂 the question you need to ask yourself is why. What do they know that the rest of the population doesn’t and why are so many of them United on their stance? As a Reservist, I have had more vaccinations that I can count. Over 4 pages worth since joining. As I have said many times before, some vaccinations are necessary. This one is not for the majority of the population.

Reactions: TUMe
Lol 😂 the question you need to ask yourself is why. What do they know that the rest of the population doesn’t and why are so many of them United on their stance? As a Reservist, I have had more vaccinations that I can count. Over 4 pages worth since joining. As I have said many times before, some vaccinations are necessary. This one is not for the majority of the population.
You answered your own question. Most are young and very physically fit. They don’t feel that they are easy targets. As an example an eighty year old with a lung condition is an easy target.

Unlike

You answered your own question. Most are young and very physically fit. They don’t feel that they are easy targets. As an example an eighty year old with a lung condition is an easy target.
People 70 and above do not make up the majority of our population and even then only certain people over 70 are vulnerable so why would a who population of healthy people take a vaccination for a virus they are not at risk of getting and dying from?

Closer to home, not allowing kids to go to school is a bit much. Probably a bit of frustration. Even in the polio days kids were not held out for lack of vaccination. By the way, I am very pro vaccine.
Yeah, but the biggest obstacles to vaccination approaching the necessary levels to protect the population from polio were two fold. Possible racial angst about where the cell line for the vaccine came from, and the ability to get the vaccine to kids with willing but impoverished parents.

As far as I know there wasn't a large group of antivaxxers then. Those problems didn't push one to mandate vaccination for certain activities. They just required one to not widely publicize where the cell line came from, and to fund free vaccines for impoverished parents.

If a large enough segment of younger healthy individuals are not pushed to vaccinate the world into the upper 70th percentile or above, then the younger healthy individuals could leave the virus to run 🏃 rampant. Rampant enough in that segment of the population, that it finds a way to mutate into a vaccine resistant strain, and/or one that is more virulent in it's effects on younger individuals.

Then people like us will be f..ckd by individuals like the certain troll that Clong referenced earlier. I don't particularly care what it does to those like the earlier referenced troll. You reap what you ignorantly sow.

Last edited:
People 70 and above do not make up the majority of our population and even then only certain people over 70 are vulnerable so why would a who population of healthy people take a vaccination for a virus they are not at risk of getting and dying from?

Some of us would like to minimize the risk to our elderly relatives when we see them. That means vaccinating myself in addition to them being vaccinated. At my age and health I couldn't give two f****s about whether or not I get covid, but I want to spend as much time around my grandparents as I can in the few years they have left. I've been pretty vocal about letting people more or less do what they want when it comes to putting themselves at risk (meaning spending time with friends, going out in public, etc), but you gotta be a real asshole to go over to grandma's house unvaccinated at this point.

Last edited:
Some of us would like to minimize the risk to our elderly relatives when we see them. That means vaccinating myself in addition to them being vaccinated. At my age and health I couldn't give two f****s about whether or not I get covid, but I want to spend as much time around my grandparents as I can in the few years they have left. I've been pretty vocal about letting people more or less do what they want when it comes to putting themselves at risk (meaning spending time with friends, going out in public, etc), but you gotta be a real asshole to go over to grandma's house unvaccinated at this point.
My wife’s parents are both almost 70. Neither one of them will get the vaccination and we see them multiple times per week even with me traveling all over Europe all the time. If you let fear run your life it will!

This is what shon tells his kids when they ask if they can put on their seatbelts.
😂 come on! Wearing a seatbelt is the law! 🤣I’m sure they will eventually make getting this gene therapy a law at some point too but until then, neither me nor my family will choose to participate in this medical experiment

You will either be 70 or you will die before you are 70. There no other options.

Another benefit of the vaccine is that it appears to ease symptoms for those with long haul symptoms. Long haul symptoms affect many who get the virus and are counted as" recovered". Here's an excerpt from the linked:
-------------------------
Chest pain has been reported in up to 20% of COVID-19 survivors two months after recovery from the infection, COVID-19 can unveil previously unrecognized cases of diabetes, and a few percentage of patients experience strokes, pulmonary embolisms, and other complications from blood clots.

"Arrhythmias can lead to stroke, heart failure, and long-lasting damage to the heart," says, "and that's something that patients may not be aware of."

In addition, multiple organs may be affected simultaneously. "If you go to a cardiologist, the cardiologist may just focus on the heart," Nalbandian says. "But we need to think of the whole person since COVID is potentially affecting many organs, especially in those who have been hospitalized."

Everyone Is Vulnerable

Most people who experience long-term symptoms may have had health issues before contracting the virus or they developed very severe illness during COVID-19 infection.

"But really, any of these issues can happen to any patient who had COVID-19," says Wan. "For example, we've seen young patients without prior medical illness who developed autonomic dysfunction and fast heart rates after COVID-19. It's not just the most vulnerable who have issues after COVID."

------------------------

The COVID-19 vaccine may do more than prevent coronavirus infections. It could serve as a cure for people who suffer from long-haul symptoms.

An estimated 10-30% of people who get infected with COVID-19 say they suffer from symptoms for weeks or months after their infection ends.

Now, a large number of those so-called "long haulers" say the vaccine made their symptoms improve or disappear.

Reactions: Clong83a
Let’s go over this quick comparison - AVION CELL CULTURE = AVION FLU ... PORCINE CELL CULTURE = H1N1 ... CULTURE facilitates RESIDUAL AVION(bird) AND PORCINE (pork) DNA insertion into your body. COVID19 Vaccination Reston monkey dna = Reston EBOLA.....RESTON EBOLA is NOT harmful to HUMAN DNA - RESTON EBOLA festers in the Kidneys of Reston Monkeys and they end up dying. COVID19 vaccination HAS Reston monkey DNA inserted into it. This is why I urge everyone to pay attention to this medical experiment.

Just enough comprehension, miscomprehension to be dangerous to those people of equal and/or lesser intelligence.

The problem is you are speaking to the wrong audience. Most people here are greater than, not less than.

Rates of people saying they’re intending to get vaccinated have gone down across the board, but it doesn’t really align with people’s behavior so far and I’m sure some of it is just people knowing that they’ve already been infected. Skepticism has always been higher in the black community though. A marketing campaign isn’t going to change it.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F24a3b9d5-5649-4b9c-992b-b7ee97d7ffb8_624x400.png

People have some very valid reasons for being hesitant about the vaccination. For some people, it’s growing up in households where the Tuskegee tests are still discussed today as if yesterday. In the South, if you are black, this is very very common.

We shouldn’t forget that the US government used a youth vaccination ruse to attempt to collect DNA samples of the children inside the Bin Laden compound in an attempt to verify that he was inside. This fact is also not lost on many households.

Still others have traumatic pasts they must confront when considering medical care. Plenty of people die in this country from preventable causes because they simply are scared to death of confronting the feelings they get from contemplating medical care.

Others have legitimate conscience and religious based objections to the vaccine.

Nearly all of these people will take the vaccine if our society shows a little willingness to listen. So far, it hasn’t. Which is a shame because we are going to waste billions on “outreach” so a bunch of unemployable millennials will have jobs in community action and media rather than just treating everyone involved in the community dialogue with respect.

Reactions: shon46
People have some very valid reasons for being hesitant about the vaccination. For some people, it’s growing up in households where the Tuskegee tests are still discussed today as if yesterday. In the South, if you are black, this is very very common.

We shouldn’t forget that the US government used a youth vaccination ruse to attempt to collect DNA samples of the children inside the Bin Laden compound in an attempt to verify that he was inside. This fact is also not lost on many households.

Still others have traumatic pasts they must confront when considering medical care. Plenty of people die in this country from preventable causes because they simply are scared to death of confronting the feelings they get from contemplating medical care.

Others have legitimate conscience and religious based objections to the vaccine.

Nearly all of these people will take the vaccine if our society shows a little willingness to listen. So far, it hasn’t. Which is a shame because we are going to waste billions on “outreach” so a bunch of unemployable millennials will have jobs in community action and media rather than just treating everyone involved in the community dialogue with respect.

I agree with you that these are some of the reasons. I don’t agree that all should be treated as valid even if I understand why a person gets to that point. If a regular person tells me they won’t be getting the vaccine because they’ve already had covid or they’re waiting to see how other people respond to it then I get it. If someone tells me they’re not going to take a vaccine from Pfizer produced in 2020 because of the Tuskegee experiments or because Bill Gates has a scheme brewing I can understand the history that leads to the conspiratorial thinking, but I’m not going to pretend that thinking is rational or justified. Just like I’m not going to pretend the stolen election claims were rational or justified

Last edited:
Rates of people saying they’re intending to get vaccinated have gone down across the board, but it doesn’t really align with people’s behavior so far and I’m sure some of it is just people knowing that they’ve already been infected. Skepticism has always been higher in the black community though. A marketing campaign isn’t going to change it.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F24a3b9d5-5649-4b9c-992b-b7ee97d7ffb8_624x400.png
There is some bad history in the black community with vaccines, as HuffyCane noted. I think Huffy is wrong though, in that an outreach program is exactly what is needed to reach and convince those communities. It's the people like a certain troll in here that it is going to have zero effect on, and attitudes like its are the ones I don't respect one iota.

As far as the disease not being that bad, so why get vaccinated line of reasoning.... It's just nonsense. If they came out with a broad spectrum vaccine that worked against all common rhinoviruses, I'd be first in line. Not because I am scared a common cold will kill me or a loved one or have any lasting effects. It simply won't. But getting sick is unpleasant, and if it can be avoided so much the better. There is literally no downside to getting a shot that would prevent me from ever having to go through a cold again.

Get one prick in the arm that smarts for about two seconds and be spared any sleepless night blowing my nose every 30 minutes ever again. The stakes don't have to be life or death for a vaccine to be valuable and desirable. And if they are (and they are!), then it only reinforces that value that was already there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT