ADVERTISEMENT

3-star SG Elijah Joiner commits to Tulsa -- story linked

Kenwood is no slouch either. They are currently rated #6 in the state of Illinois.

Nice quote by one of Joiner's teammates. Good to see we're getting some toughness.

Jan 11ThePublicLeague.com‏ @ThePublicLeague
This quote didn't make it into the Curie-Kenwood story ((link: http://thepublicleague.com/curie-elijah-joiner-40-points-kenwood/) thepublicleague.com/curie-elijah-j…) that was published last night, but it's excellent.

He seems very driven to excellence. Sounds like we won't have anybody playing like they are a freshman next year.

I think the next couple of years are going to be a wild ride. We haven't had depth like this in a long time. Those scrimmages are going to be brutal.

I can't wait to see Joiner, Curran Scott, and Jeffries added to the group of guys on campus now --- especially with a year of experience under their belt. My oh my should the team be good. At the very least there will be enough depth to continuously push one another in practices

Looks like Anygym in Anywhere USA to me.
The UMAC looks YMCA when done for... well... YMCA tournaments.
But seriously, outside of the UMAC, most courts in this area are pretty average.

Especially in the inner cities like Chicago and back east. Many of the better elite prep schools in the NE are like this. I remember seeing the gyms Travis Atson played in, both HS and prep.

Also, if you've been to many juco gyms, they look similar.

Looks like he's got a lot of Shaq moves but with a long distance touch also. The future is looking bright at the moment.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Especially in the inner cities like Chicago and back east. Many of the better elite prep schools in the NE are like this. I remember seeing the gyms Travis Atson played in, both HS and prep.

Also, if you've been to many juco gyms, they look similar.
Some of those Prep school "gyms" were nothing more than what we would have called cafetoriums. Cafeterias with basketball goals on the walls.

Chicago is a hell hole guys...
Crap schools, crumbling streets, gang violence, massive drug problem...
BUT IT HAS GREAT FLOWERS AND PLANTED POTS ON MICHIGAN, STATE AND UPPER WACKER.

Joiner adds All-Region honors to his All-City honors.

ELIJAH JOINER
Senior G, 6-3, Curie

OB-CST-011517-601_66380125-300x240.jpg

Tulsa recruit. First team All-City selection. Strong, confident leader was a key member of Curie’s run to the Class 4A state title in 2016. All-Tournament at Pontiac, game MVP at prestigious Marshall County Hoopfest. Averaged 18 points, seven rebounds, five assists.

Anyone know where his teammate Allante Pickens is going? When I watched Curie videos he really stood out.

Chicago is a hell hole guys...
Crap schools, crumbling streets, gang violence, massive drug problem...
BUT IT HAS GREAT FLOWERS AND PLANTED POTS ON MICHIGAN, STATE AND UPPER WACKER.

But obviously Illinois & the Chicago Area
is a "Hot" bed 4 B-Ball talent.
The state of Illinois avg's nearly
170 D-1 b-ball recruits per yr.
Compared to Oklahoma
which avg around 25 D-1 recruits per yr.
No wonder Brad packed His bags!

FYI
The avg. # of D-1 recruits w/n TU's immediate area
Kansas avg's 25 per yr.
Arkansas avg's 32 per yr
Mizzu avg's 50 per yr.
Louisiana avg's 80 per yr.
Texas avg's 230 per yr.

Anyone know where his teammate Allante Pickens is going? When I watched Curie videos he really stood out.

Nevada, I can't see that he has any offers. Surely he does but his height might be scaring some schools off. Many list him at 5-8 and some up to 5-10.

He's listed as a pg but did play off the ball quite a bit when Joiner took over at pg, as indicated in the story. In that scenario, they utilized his good 3-point shooting. From what video I saw, he should be given a shot as a pg.

He's got good quickness and handle and can shoot with range. However, if he's more toward 5-8 than 5-10 and not an outstanding athlete, D1 schools might not be that excited due to his size.

Even with his size, he's been productive enough to merit some D1 offers. Maybe grades are a concern and limiting his recruitment. It's hard to speculate without all the facts. I'll keep searching to see if any schools offer before April.

Mark Smith of Edwardsville was recently named Illinois POY. He's being heavily recruited by new Illinois Coach Brad Underwood and Mizzou HC Cuonzo Martin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT