ADVERTISEMENT

3-star SG Elijah Joiner commits to Tulsa -- story linked

Nevada, I can't see that he has any offers. Surely he does but his height might be scaring some schools off. Many list him at 5-8 and some up to 5-10.

He's listed as a pg but did play off the ball quite a bit when Joiner took over at pg, as indicated in the story. In that scenario, they utilized his good 3-point shooting. From what video I saw, he should be given a shot as a pg.

He's got good quickness and handle and can shoot with range. However, if he's more toward 5-8 than 5-10 and not an outstanding athlete, D1 schools might not be that excited due to his size.

Even with his size, he's been productive enough to merit some D1 offers. Maybe grades are a concern and limiting his recruitment. It's hard to speculate without all the facts. I'll keep searching to see if any schools offer before April.
When I saw them together on film he didn't look that much shorter than Joiner and have seen him listed at 5'11". However, we all know how measurements go. If he had the grades but didn't get a good offer and decided to go to prep school and reclassify as a 2018 recruit I wouldn't mind seeing us take a chance on him.

Nevada, I can't see that he has any offers. Surely he does but his height might be scaring some schools off. Many list him at 5-8 and some up to 5-10.

He's listed as a pg but did play off the ball quite a bit when Joiner took over at pg, as indicated in the story. In that scenario, they utilized his good 3-point shooting. From what video I saw, he should be given a shot as a pg.

He's got good quickness and handle and can shoot with range. However, if he's more toward 5-8 than 5-10 and not an outstanding athlete, D1 schools might not be that excited due to his size.

Even with his size, he's been productive enough to merit some D1 offers. Maybe grades are a concern and limiting his recruitment. It's hard to speculate without all the facts. I'll keep searching to see if any schools offer before April.
When I saw them together on film he didn't look that much shorter than Joiner and have seen him listed at 5'11". However, we all know how measurements go. If he had the grades but didn't get a good offer and decided to go to prep school and reclassify as a 2018 recruit I wouldn't mind seeing us take a chance on him.
Where would he be in comparison to LeComte from Baylor? That kid single handedly put Baylor over USC down the stretch. If he has that type of game, he would be close to an Antonio Reed style and that was always fun to watch!

Hard to rate these kids until they get against real competition in college. The hype is amazing and the disparity in high school is unreal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT