ADVERTISEMENT

3/1 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Florida currently trailing Kentucky by 9. This would be Florida's 13th loss and finally knock them out of the RPI top 50.

Florida drops their 4th straight and should fall out of most brackets. Gonna be hard for them to make it with 14 losses and only 2 good wins.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Clemson is lost too. Should end all talk of them. Iowa also losing...soft early schedule finally catching up. Hawkeyes are not very good.

Iowa is pretty average... Would lose 4-6 games in the American.

The fighting Danny Manning's finished the 2016 portion of their schedule at 2-16. Can't be good up there

The fighting Danny Manning's finished the 2016 portion of their schedule at 2-16. Can't be good up there
Too early to say but is he following the Steve Robinson path. Four years at Wake and then back to lifetime Assit. Coach?

Go TU!!!

Reactions: scotty0912
We are staying on the edge of the bubble better than I expected. If we win Saturday & make the AAC finals, we should be in good shape. As II said, tomorrow night's AAC games are huge, as far as seeding is concerned.

Manning...
LUCKIEST COACH IN HISTORY?
He has a bunch of sophs that got hot for about 6 weeks --- in a pretty weak conference (except for La Tech -- which was a fringe NCAA bubble team at best). DID NOTHING special on the recruiting front.
He will be a lifetime assistant beginning this Spring or Next Spring.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
The rumblings in Winston-Salem have already begun. He's got unhappy rogue players and some discipline issues among other things. So when he doubted the talent of the team he pretty much hand picked here and their worthiness in the AAC, what he really was doubting was his own ability to coach at a higher level.

The rumblings in Winston-Salem have already begun. He's got unhappy rogue players and some discipline issues among other things. So when he doubted the talent of the team he pretty much hand picked here and their worthiness in the AAC, what he really was doubting was his own ability to coach at a higher level.
BINGO!!!

He wasn't all bad. Most on here were upset he left. He also didn't have much personality and I'm not sure he ever actually lived here or had any interest in being here long. But then we offered him a lot of money and he seemed to struggle with leaving. But then left anyway.

Oh well, I don't really like KU that much and thought the staff talked about KU just a little too much. Good luck to him. I guess.

He wasn't all bad. Most on here were upset he left. He also didn't have much personality and I'm not sure he ever actually lived here or had any interest in being here long. But then we offered him a lot of money and he seemed to struggle with leaving. But then left anyway.

Oh well, I don't really like KU that much and thought the staff talked about KU just a little too much. Good luck to him. I guess.

I also felt like the uniforms we wore during his tenor here was very much "KU Jr". I probably read too much into it but I always felt that way.

I thought his assistants talked more about Kansas than Tulsa on Twitter. Most confusing thing of all is that he was concerned that Big E was so good he might leave for the NBA after a couple of seasons........yes he actually said that......... evaluator of big men.....no.........recruiter of big men ....no........ I did think he was a really good bench coach...Such an improvement after Wojcik.

I was sad he left that soon and didn't love TU like we do.

He left us in a better place, so I can't get too mad.

Reactions: Tu Geo
The love affair with Kansas was crap. But TU BLA nailed it.... he knew he couldn't "do it" --- and took the $$$ --- knowing he's done after this stint in WS.

The love affair with Kansas was crap. But TU BLA nailed it.... he knew he couldn't "do it" --- and took the $$$ --- knowing he's done after this stint in WS.
I never thought he couldn't do it but some on this board have posted that Manning let it be know in the ath. dept. that he didn't think TU could compete in the AAC. That approach tells me he recruited to be competitive in C-USA, not necessarily recruiting to be the best possible team you could be. Mark Few doesn't recruit to be competitive in the WCC, he recruits to be competitive in the NCAAs, same with Greg Marshall at Wichita State.

FWIW, I have felt betrayed by every coach that has left TU. I am grateful for Tubby who stayed one extra year and I probably wouldn't hold the grudge against Self had he stayed for the 2000-2001 season.

Recruiting is effort guys. Like 24/7/365 effort. Some Coach once said (I think it could have been Bobby Knight) "recruiting is like shaving, you have do it every day, otherwise you look like a bum." I don't know, maybe I dreamt that, but the point is... you got work your ass off on the recruiting trail --- especially at Tulsa.

And you can't have effort without passion.

Manning looks half asleep pretty much all the time. He's not a "fire in the belly" kind of guy imo.

He made the NCAA tourney with a bunch of sophomores. I'll give the guy credit and props for that accomplishment.

We would led be in the tourney with DM. Hopefully we will be anyway.

Manning should've stayed here until the osu job opened.

We are staying on the edge of the bubble better than I expected. If we win Saturday & make the AAC finals, we should be in good shape. As II said, tomorrow night's AAC games are huge, as far as seeding is concerned.
Really depends on who TU beats, not how far they advance. Beating Memphis and Houston does not help, beating Memphis and Cincy does help. UConn and Cincy offer TU the best chance to pickup additional quality wins. It would be much better for Cincy, UConn, and TU if Temple gets bounced before Championship game.

TX

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT