ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament

Destroyed my bracket. I had St. Mary's in the Final Four. Well coached team, good shooting team, good defensively. That's on most nights. I just felt they matched up well to the teams in their region and I am not 100% sold on UNC. Last night they looked like they came in assuming they could slap Grand Canyon around.

Is anyone reminded of the 1993-1994 TU team when they watch James Madison play? The whole up/down, shoot and defend and playing at high pace just screamed Tubby to me
I had them in my 8 not my 4. I took a huge slash but salvageable.

I'm in sports over load right now. New England plays MLS, Bruins are on, there's an int'l friendly between Ireland and Belgium on, the NCAA tournaments (men's and women's), there's a swim meet in that my daughter wants to watch (and she questions why I don't know any swimmer that's not named Michael Phelps or Katie Ledecky), PGA is on (yes I am one of the few that can maintain focus and watch golf). I don't think I can get enough screens surrounding me to keep track of everything

Opposite here.

Without TU in the tourney it is hard to pay attention.

Only other sport of interest is USMNT, with a budding interest in FC Tulsa. I need a genuine rooting interest to care about sports.

So TU women is about it. And USA Mexico, though I am a bit conflicted due to being down on the coach.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Kansas got thumped by Gonzaga.
Kansas was seeded too high. The NCAA used to take key injuries for teams in mind when seeding teams. KU should have been a 6 seed at best. They barely beat the 13 seed, with the help of an incorrect late foul call and were blown out in the second half by a 5 seed.

Reactions: alchemy
UNC with a heck of a run to end the 1st half. I was shocked MichSt was able to get back into it like they did. UNC basically ran them off the court the last 8 minutes though. Too much talent for UNC and they can beat you inside or outside.

Iowa State is really good. If they were in any other region but the one with UCONN I probably would have considered them to go to the Final Four.

Right now NC State and Oakland are in a dogfight. Oakland playing pretty loose and free and not like they know they have a chance at the Sweet Sixteen. Can Konkol please find a shooter like Ben Gohlke? Every time he lets a shot go I think it's going in.

Let's talk about coaches who never really are talked about. There are 2 coaches that get little fanfare and never really in the conversation with the Bill Self/Calipari/Pitino conversations but they've won everywhere they've been and as far as I know have never been on the wrong end of the NCAA's investigative unit. Dana Altman and Rick Barnes. Hell, Barnes got fired at Texas for not winning enough but he was responsible for getting Kevin Durant there. Altman just continues to put out good teams. I remember him from the Valley days at Creighton where they were a tough out. He was also at KState for a while.

These guys just win and run pretty clean programs and no one really mentions them with the great coaches in America.

I want Oakland to win but my bracket need NC state to win. Oh the humanity
So DJ Burns is listed at 6'9" 275. There is no way he only weighs 275. He is as big or bigger than most OTs in the NFL. My guess is he is closer to 325. No matter...dude has some freaking sweet feet and he's pretty quick for his size. He's just a problem. He's going to beat any man defense and if you double he's such a good passer that NC State is going to get an open shot.

NC State is a dangerous team. One that has figured out that they're good and have a winning game plan right now.

Reactions: loca2874
Texas and Tennessee — ugly basketball. Something like 6-39 on threes.

I have to say it. I hate the commercial that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Chet Holmgren are in. Neither of those fools can sing. Irritates me as much as the kars for kids jingle

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
All we have left is Madison, Yale, and Grand Canyon. Will be a boring sweet sixteen if one or two of them don't break on through to the other side.

Kolek may be the best PG in the country @ Marquette.

Shooting is so important in this game. That’s something that I think a lot of people don’t appreciate about PJ‘s game, they talk about the fouls drawn but he is deadly within 10 feet. Kolek is the same way.

Reactions: dlsnid
I think Yale and Grand Canyon have a shot. Duke should take care of JMU
Uh, I'm thinking JMU has the best chance of getting through. They are way better than a 12 seed to be honest and Duke is probably seeded a little higher than they should because of reputation. UNC handled them pretty easily this season. Duke, like KU, probably should have been 2 seed lines lower than they were.

Creighton wins on double overtime
What a fantastic game that was. Oakland showed a lot of heart but just didn't quite have the quality depth they needed to win this game. And Creighton is a well coached team.

As is Marquette. And Colorado. Tad Boyle might be one of the more under rated coaches in the country because Colorado has always been a tough place to get basketball players to come to. And Shaka Smart...he was just wronged by Texas and their ego and they've been rewarded in kind for it. I hope Smart stays at Marquette but I have a feeling he's at the top of Michigan's list and it's going to be hard for him to turn down that $$$

What a fantastic game that was. Oakland showed a lot of heart but just didn't quite have the quality depth they needed to win this game. And Creighton is a well coached team.

As is Marquette. And Colorado. Tad Boyle might be one of the more under rated coaches in the country because Colorado has always been a tough place to get basketball players to come to. And Shaka Smart...he was just wronged by Texas and their ego and they've been rewarded in kind for it. I hope Smart stays at Marquette but I have a feeling he's at the top of Michigan's list and it's going to be hard for him to turn down that $$$
I thought Michigan hired the FAU Coach?

Uh, I'm thinking JMU has the best chance of getting through. They are way better than a 12 seed to be honest and Duke is probably seeded a little higher than they should because of reputation. UNC handled them pretty easily this season. Duke, like KU, probably should have been 2 seed lines lower than they were.
JMU not looking so good at the moment

• Wow
Reactions: TU_BLA
They may not be the Coach K Duke team but the name of that university will always draw good players and good coaches
Scheyer is a good coach who I think is still learning how to manage a program. The X's and O's are the easy part for him. My thought process centered on how bad Duke looked at times this year, and they looked completely incompetent in both games vs UNC, neither of which was particularly close. Maybe I should have given UNC more credit but I also know they lost a couple of bad games to ACC teams, like GaTech. Maybe the ACC is a little better than anyone wanted to give them credit for. SMU headed back to the Mike Dement years in basketball

I have to say it. I hate the commercial that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Chet Holmgren are in. Neither of those fools can sing. Irritates me as much as the kars for kids jingle

It looks like a couple of young guys having fun to me. Much better than the new commercial with Draymond Green.

GCU was 7 of 14 on free throws that first half. It would be a 1 point game if they had just cashed in at the line. A note on shooting, so many of these higher seeded teams who were killing it in game 1 seem to be feeling the pressure in game 2. They quickly move into position for a catch and shoot 3 but when they catch the ball instead of putting it up in rhythm they do a pump fake, then a jab step, then dribble once to the side before putting it up and they’re missing badly.

This is a pretty rough tournament also, I can’t remember this many games where guys were playing with cotton up their nose from being hit in the face and no foul called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT