ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament

Outside of the athletic dept. it really wasn't a bad place. However, their insane desire to be relevant amongst the ginormous public schools it is in the Big XII with led to some absolutely disastrous decisions that have painted a permanent black mark on the school as a whole. And you think the Briles stuff was bad, just go back a few years further and remember that basketball players were murdering other players while Dave Bliss was coach.

I did get chastised once for asking why Housing and Residential Life was looking at retention numbers at OU, Texas, and A&M and not places like Rice, SMU, TCU, TU. I was firmly told that they only compared numbers to other Big XII schools and I sort of hit back with that the student body at Baylor had very few similarities to other Big XII institutions outside of regionality. Even doing cost comparisons to those other schools was pretty futile because they're not alone at all.

Anyway, I worked with a lot of good people at Baylor and I had almost no contact with anyone from the athletic dept or even any athletes as they all were sort of isolated from the general student body. My first contact with the athletic dept was probably the meet and greet they arranged for student life when Bliss was hired and he was trying to generate interest in students going to games b/c in those days attendance at games outside of baseball was woeful.
Baylor was technically a Baptist university, correct ?

They had two chances, Goldin makes one free throw or Davis doesn’t loaf and they’re through. Every game FAU lost they had poor shooting. This game they also had 19 turnovers.

Not impressed with Dusty Mays coaching. He had Golden on the bench on the last play against Temple too. May be a hot coach but just “pretty boy”. No way he doesn’t call a timeout and get a better shot.

Well the American is out of the tournament
Yes. I have watched very little and now have even less interest.

At least we have the WBIT still going. I watched Washington and Georgetown last night.

We win Sunday and will get another game. Ransom with Georgetown is a handful she scored 28 last night

Reactions: Weatherdemon
But if you want to talk history, the Presbyterian church was largely segregated first formally, then socially, in Oklahoma well into the 1960s and wasn’t officially integrated until the large, mainly Southern, segregationist factions left the church in 1973 — not long before the 1978 revelation of the Mormon prophet. The Presbyterians reunified in the 1980’s but didn’t formally repent of their long history of supporting slavery, segregation, and doctrines that deflected focus on how parish members treated others until 2016.

Not to dwell on the religious discussion, but having been in the Presbyterian church for over 50 years, the southern church split from the northern church way before 1973.

In 1861, Presbyterians in the Southern United States split from the denomination because of disputes over slavery, politics, and theology precipitated by the American Civil War. They established the Presbyterian Church in the United States, often called the "Southern Presbyterian Church".

The northern and southern churches did get reunited in the 1980s. The churches in Tulsa and the university were always affiliated with the northern church.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
getting nauseous eating dinner watching Hurley interview. A clown in my opinion

Best coach in AAC ? I think Kennedy is hands down. Tough loss today but refs kept his bigs on the bench with cheap fouls.

I’ve never seen a team more ready to play a game than James Madison. They may not win but rarely have I seen 110% effort from the opening tip and the early part of the game.

Grand Canyon looks much more prepared than Saint Mary’s. This is going to put a big gash in my bracket if Grand Canyon wins

My bracket is so trashed I don’t care if I picked them or not. I’m rooting for a Duquesne, GCU, JMU and Oregon final four (Oregon only because they’re the highest seed last in that region).

Reactions: loca2874
Grand Canyon looks much more prepared than Saint Mary’s. This is going to put a big gash in my bracket if Grand Canyon wins
Destroyed my bracket. I had St. Mary's in the Final Four. Well coached team, good shooting team, good defensively. That's on most nights. I just felt they matched up well to the teams in their region and I am not 100% sold on UNC. Last night they looked like they came in assuming they could slap Grand Canyon around.

Is anyone reminded of the 1993-1994 TU team when they watch James Madison play? The whole up/down, shoot and defend and playing at high pace just screamed Tubby to me

Houston is pretty good :)
Here's the stupid thing. If Houston were still in the AAC, the refs would make sure A&M remained in this next game. Everything g is rigged against the mid major conferences from selections to pairings, etc.

Fans at all these games should start trolling the SEC by starting the SEC chant in all these games they're losing. 8 teams in, 5 lost in the 1st round. I think the winners were Tennessee, Alabama, & Miss St(?). I felt like Kentucky's seed was based solely on reputation. Every time I saw them play this year they did not impress me. They don't defend well, they don't rebound particularly great and if they have to play half court offense they struggle. And Calipari is starting to feel the pain of what happens when you have a bunch of 1 and done guys. You get beat by players who are old and going to be playing in the Y men's league next year.

Reactions: alchemy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT