North Texas - W
Army- W
Temple - W
UTSA-W
UAB - W
ECU - W
South Florida - L
Florida Atlantic - W
You should see the other prediction in my post before that , they had us just winning 3 games.
Nw state , army , and fau

He's got a walk on LBer in our 2 deep. It's obvious he is looking at the roster and just guessing. Has no insight into what is expected of anybody. Has no idea why players left, and who we brought in to replace them. That's obvious when he addresses the receiving corp. Just a bunch of uneducated guesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
There was also some prediction I saw on twitter today that has us beating NW state and Temple, that's it. The uneducated morons out there are bringing the heat.

There was also some prediction I saw on twitter today that has us beating NW state and Temple, that's it. The uneducated morons out there are bringing the heat.
If I was a betting man , I’d be licking me chops with Tulsa beating the spread

Beating ASU in game two portends a successful season. This is going to be a tough contest in my view. They have 9 players on the two deep for the Sunbelt 1st and 2nd all conference squads. They also have a lot of P5 portal additions on the roster. They found a starting QB in game three last season that had 17 TD and 7 INT. He ended up being Freshman of the year in the SunBelt and is very mobile. The last key is that this game means a bunch to them due to their next two games are at Michigan and Iowa State. A loss to us gives them a 1 - 3 start. Expect they will have their largest crowd of the season and they will be pumped.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Beating ASU in game two portends a successful season. This is going to be a tough contest in my view. They have 9 players on the two deep for the Sunbelt 1st and 2nd all conference squads. They also have a lot of P5 portal additions on the roster. They found a starting QB in game three last season that had 17 TD and 7 INT. He ended up being Freshman of the year in the SunBelt and is very mobile. The last key is that this game means a bunch to them due to their next two games are at Michigan and Iowa State. A loss to us gives them a 1 - 3 start. Expect they will have their largest crowd of the season and they will be pumped.
Couldn’t agree more, Arkansas State is a must win game, we have to get pressure on the qb , do I think they are good? No, they got beat by niu who we beat there with zero qb play , TU needs to and should win this game.
Same with La Tech
Beating those 2 and going 3-1 into conference would be huge

Reactions: TU83
Couldn’t agree more, Arkansas State is a must win game, we have to get pressure on the qb , do I think they are good? No, they got beat by niu who we beat there with zero qb play , TU needs to and should win this game.
Same with La Tech
Beating those 2 and going 3-1 into conference would be huge
No it's not a must win game. I get so tired of hearing how so many games are must win games. That game could be anywhere from our 2nd to 5th toughest game of the season, and it's on the road. The games that might be must win games for a good season are games like N Texas or UAB. We could lose to Arkansas St and still end up something ridiculous, like 9-3. We have so many winnable games on our schedule that very few games are must win games.

Reactions: dougheffking
No it's not a must win game. I get so tired of hearing how so many games are must win games. That game be anywhere from our 2nd to 5th toughest game of the season, and it's on the road. The games that might be must win games for a good season are games like N Texas or UAB. We could lose to Arkansas St and still end up something ridiculous, like 9-3.
Thank you.

No it's not a must win game. I get so tired of hearing how so many games are must win games. That game be anywhere from our 2nd to 5th toughest game of the season, and it's on the road. The games that might be must win games for a good season are games like N Texas or UAB. We could lose to Arkansas St and still end up something ridiculous, like 9-3.
Respectfully disagree , if we lose to both Arkansas st and la tech and limp 1-3 into non conference, I highly doubt we make a bowl. UNT will be better than both of those imo , maybe it’s not a “ must win “ but like I said , going 3-1 into conference would be huge and could possibly set us up on a roll , a confident team 3-1 team going to UNT is alot better than a a 1-3 team limping in, we need to beat Arkansas st and la tech

Respectfully disagree , if we lose to both Arkansas st and la tech and limp 1-3 into non conference, I highly doubt we make a bowl. UNT will be better than both of those imo , maybe it’s not a “ must win “ but like I said , going 3-1 into conference would be huge and could possibly set us up on a roll , a confident team 3-1 team going to UNT is alot better than a a 1-3 team limping in, we need to beat Arkansas st and la tech
Arkansas State will be much better than UNT in my opinion.

We should be 3-1 or 2-2. Why do you link Ark St with La Tech. Ark St is on the upswing with Butch, and La Tech sucks. We should definitely beat La Tech and directional juco/d2. 3-1 or 2-2 doesn't dictate a good or bad season.

We should be 3-1 or 2-2. Why do you link Ark St with La Tech. Ark St is on the upswing with Butch, and La Tech sucks. We should definitely beat La Tech and directional juco/d2. 3-1 or 2-2 doesn't dictate a good or bad season.
I would be interested to know what they have brought in from the portal, kind of hard to predict how good of a team they will be , but if we are just wanting to make an educated guess, let’s get our common opponent from last season ( NIU) they get beat by then in a bowl game and we beat NIU with essentially no qb play at their place . Either way , would be a good game to win

The quarterback play was accurate by both Francis and Legas and receivers caught everthing that catchable. That freshman running back Ellison looked good and first team defense with Ostrosky looks capable. Even field goal kickers were accurate. I was impressed overall we should be in most games we might not win them all but I think we are better than last year and Watkins didn’t really play that much. He played the other running backs there were a few time the defensive line broke into the backfield but not that much. Freshmen receivers are good. Benjamin caught everything really good hands and deceptive speed. The line needs to hold them out we will see. Cardell ran the ball well but threw two interceptions and I think he took himself out of the running bad interceptions.

Last edited:
The quarterback play was accurate by both Francis and Legas and receivers caught everthing that catchable. That freshman running back Ellison looked good and first team defense with Ostrosky looks capable. Even field goal kickers were accurate. I was impressed overall we should be in most games we might not win them all but I think we are better than last year and Watkins didn’t really play that much. He played the other running backs there were a few time the defensive line broke into the backfield but not that much. Freshmen receivers are good. Benjamin caught everything really good hands and deceptive speed. The line needs to hold them out we will see. Cardell ran the ball well but threw two interceptions and I think he took himself out of the running bad interceptions.
Idk where exactly, but I would like to see Cardell used somewhere , just not qb

Reactions: Henry Kendall
One other ASU tidbit from last season is that they put 77 points on the board against Kinne's Texas State.

Arkansas State is picked 4th out of 7 in the Sunbelt West division. They are predicted to be an average Sunbelt team. We should beat them. Texas State is the preseason favorite btw. Kinne has something going in San Marcus.

Arkansas State is picked 4th out of 7 in the Sunbelt West division. They are predicted to be an average Sunbelt team. We should beat them. Texas State is the preseason favorite btw. Kinne has something going in San Marcus.

2-4 in the West are separated by 3 pts. It's almost a tie for 2nd.

Yes I think it will be real tough turnovers are probably the key the sunbelt is tough and they had 7 or 8 players on 1st and 2nd team

LaTech predicted to finish 7th out of 10 in CUSA. Similar to ASU, won’t be a give me but if we play well and are improved over last year it’s a winnable game.

Rumors are swirling at Liberty that they will be joining the AAC in the next few years.

Story about Ellison

LaTech predicted to finish 7th out of 10 in CUSA. Similar to ASU, won’t be a give me but if we play well and are improved over last year it’s a winnable game.

Rumors are swirling at Liberty that they will be joining the AAC in the next few years.

If I were going to pick a school to join the conference out of the Virginia's, I'd prefer it be James Madison.

If I were going to pick a school to join the conference out of the Virginia's, I'd prefer it be James Madison.
Liberty would contend for conference ships in practically every sport in the American. Their facilities would be the best in the AAC. They are poised to be one of the dominant programs across all sports in the non-P4s. I know there is resistance by some due to the religious nature of the school. However from a purely athletic standpoint they are positioned to be a dominant program.

Liberty would contend for conference ships in practically every sport in the American. Their facilities would be the best in the AAC. They are poised to be one of the dominant programs across all sports in the non-P4s. I know there is resistance by some due to the religious nature of the school. However from a purely athletic standpoint they are positioned to be a dominant program.
James Madison is positioned equally well, and doesn't have the religious conflict. The religious conflict is what bothers me. They are equally as unappetizing as being in a conference with ORU.(even worse in some aspects)

James Madison is positioned equally well, and doesn't have the religious conflict. The religious conflict is what bothers me. They are equally as unappetizing as being in a conference with ORU.(even worse in some aspects)
James Madison doesn’t have the facilities or funding of Liberty. I do understand the religious conflict. However, from a pure athletic standpoint, Liberty is on the verge of being a non-P4 powerhouse. My daughter has a friend who plays soccer there. As I said above, rumors are circulating that they will be joining the AAC. Time frame unknown. I’m not giving any opinion on the matter. Simply passing on info

James Madison doesn’t have the facilities or funding of Liberty. I do understand the religious conflict. However, from a pure athletic standpoint, Liberty is on the verge of being a non-P4 powerhouse. My daughter has a friend who plays soccer there. As I said above, rumors are circulating that they will be joining the AAC. Time frame unknown. I’m not giving any opinion on the matter. Simply passing on info
I will grant you that they don't have the funding/facilities. But they seem to be punching way above their weight since joining D1. They don't seem to be suffering because of lack of funding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT