ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election prediction/discussion

Of course her campaign director would want to imply that it is focused on black men. That's the segment of the population they are targeting. But her and her political wonks would know that it can't be available to only one race of people. That's why the other writer of the article likely heard how it actually is focused, by reading the fine print, and including others. Are you really telling me you think nobody in her campaign knows that? You think they didn't advise her on how to write the proposal to make it legally viable? That's her campaign communications director using her marketing degree, in implying it's focused only towards blacks. Personally, I would think they could've included latinos & blacks in their marketing ploy, and killed two birds with one stone.
One would hope. Not sure about killing two birds with one stone. Everything coming out of the Harris campaign regarding this proposal is direct pandering to black males. I’ve seen next to nothing about Hispanics regarding this proposal.

One would hope. Not sure about killing two birds with one stone. Everything coming out of the Harris campaign regarding this proposal is direct pandering to black males. I’ve seen next to nothing about Hispanics regarding this proposal.
Not like Trump hasn't spent his fair share of pandering to black males in the past few years.

Care to share any of his proposals which gives tax breaks solely targeted to black males?
No, just to kick out immigrants so he can save “black jobs”.

Or cosying up to wackadoodles like Kanye West.

Or releasing a Jordan ripoff sneaker.

Both are pandering for votes, one is just doing it in a much more racist way. Kind of how you might think an owner of a golf course might treat a bunch of people he needs support from but secretly detests.

I bet you $100 that within the next 15 years we get evidence of Trump referring to those same people as N words in private.

No, just to kick out immigrants so he can save “black jobs”.

Or cosying up to wackadoodles like Kanye West.

Or releasing a Jordan ripoff sneaker.

Both are pandering for votes, one is just doing it in a much more racist way. Kind of how you might think an owner of a golf course might treat a bunch of people he needs support from but secretly detests.

I bet you $100 that within the next 15 years we get evidence of Trump referring to those same people as N words in private.
Did not expect you to acknowledge the extreme racist rhetoric coming out of the Harris camp but ok.

Care to share any of his proposals which gives tax breaks solely targeted to black males?
From reading the various articles about the proposal, they don't seem to be solely targeting black males in the proposal itself. Unless you want to ignore what other writers are saying when either reading the proposal, or hearing privately from campaign representatives, when talking with them. You know they(left focused media) & are biased towards the Democrats. The writers know they want this focused towards blacks and will only mention others in passing to follow the agenda that the campaign wants. Black males are the group they want to be aware of it because they are pandering more specifically towards them.

The fact that both campaigns are using different methods doesn't make it any better or worse, that they are both targeting black males to capture their vote. They both are pandering. Trump is disingenuous when he targets black males, he just wants that voting bloc. He is racist as heck. What do you call racist coming out of Kamala's camp?

Last edited:
From reading the various articles about the proposal, they don't seem to be solely targeting black males in the proposal itself. Unless you want to ignore what other writers are saying when either reading the proposal, or hearing privately from campaign representatives, when talking with them. You know they(left focused media) & are biased towards the Democrats. The writers know they want this focused towards blacks and will only mention others in passing to follow the agenda the campaign wants. Black males are the group they want to be aware of it because they are pandering more specifically towards them.

The fact that both campaigns are using different methods doesn't make it any better or worse, that they are both targeting black males to capture their vote. They both are pandering. Trump is disingenuous when he targets black males, he just wants that voting bloc. He is racist as heck. What do you call racist coming out of Kamala's camp?
Chastising black men for not voting for a candidate because they share the same skin color is about as racist as it comes. Black men are not sheep. They can have a multitude of reasons for supporting a candidate. Race should not be one of them. Imagine if the Trump camp was openly shaming white people who were voting for Harris because they weren’t voting for a fellow white candidate. I generally get bothered when campaigns start making race a significant reason for voting to a candidate. Doesn’t really matter if it’s Pubs or Dems. Hate to see that reasoning (or lack thereof) brought into the discussion.

Chastising black men for not voting for a candidate because they share the same skin color is about as racist as it comes. Black men are not sheep. They can have a multitude of reasons for supporting a candidate. Race should not be one of them. Imagine if the Trump camp was openly shaming white people who were voting for Harris because they weren’t voting for a fellow white candidate. I generally get bothered when campaigns start making race a significant reason for voting to a candidate. Doesn’t really matter if it’s Pubs or Dems. Hate to see that reasoning (or lack thereof) brought into the discussion.
Sometimes race does matter, and chastising people of that race for voting against their own interest is legitimate. Did you know there were Jews in Germany who supported Hitler?

Voting for a party that hasn’t done anything for you (and in most cases has actively screwed you) since before we landed on the moon probably doesn’t make sense for black men (or women)

Trump is absolutely racist. I can easily see the democratic campaign knowing this, and wanting to point this out to blacks that are voting for him. I don't see that as racist. Trump only puts a thin veneer over his racism, but it's enough to fool some black voters.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
Sometimes race does matter, and chastising people of that race for voting against their own interest is legitimate. Did you know there were Jews in Germany who supported Hitler?

Voting for a party that hasn’t done anything for you (and in most cases has actively screwed you) since before we landed on the moon probably doesn’t make sense for black men (or women)
Because black men have seen such positive results from the policies set forth by the Democratic Party over the last 40 years? We all know the definition of insanity. Seems like black males are starting the realize Dem policies have failed them and are looking for alternative. I hate that Trump is the alternative in 2024 but I do respect them growing tired of being told to vote for policies which haven’t benefitted them.

Because black men have seen such positive results from the policies set forth by the Democratic Party over the last 40 years? We all know the definition of insanity. Seems like black males are starting the realize Dem policies have failed them and are looking for alternative. I hate that Trump is the alternative in 2024 but I do respect them growing tired of being told to vote for policies which haven’t benefitted them.
I can see them taking alternatives in the past & future, but Trump? Nah. Some of them did so with Bush. Apparently that movement is growing.

This isn’t a case where Democrats can magically solve all of their problems. There is an adversary in this story who has inhibited a lot of progress for black men and caused a lot of heartache.

It doesn’t make sense to say, “well, these guys started the war on drugs and for profit prisons that threw a bunch of my friends in prison as teens, but the democrats haven’t been able to overcome them.”

You’re basically saying “if you can’t beat them join them”…

The problem with that sentiment is that the KKK doesn’t care if you want low taxes or not or if you go to church on Sunday, they still hate you and they still control a substantial interest within the Republican Party.

(PS, you sound like Candace Owens who is nuts)

Last edited:
This isn’t a case where Democrats can magically solve all of their problems. There is an adversary in this story who has inhibited a lot of progress for black men and caused a lot of heartache.

It doesn’t make sense to say, “well, these guys started the war on drugs and for profit prisons that threw a bunch of my friends in prison as teens, but the democrats haven’t been able to overcome them.”

You’re basically saying “if you can’t beat them join them”…

The problem with that sentiment is that the KKK doesn’t care if you want low taxes or not or if you go to church on Sunday, they still hate you and they still control a substantial interest within the Republican Party.
That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m saying it’s nice to see they’re maybe realizing the policies which the Dem party has pushed for decades aren’t working…at least not for them. Doesn’t mean they have to vote for a Pub but it does mean they have every right to demand a change in the current failed direction. Basically…we aren’t going to continue to be sheep. This isn’t working so either make changes or we will. It’s been a long time coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT