ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Player Discussion Thread: Simon Falokun

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Sophomore F Simon Falokun

We got a steal on this one.

A late-blooming lefty who started playing basketball at age 13, Falokun qualified out of high school, but was forced to the juco ranks after averaging just 12ppg as a senior in high school. He dominated almost immediately at the new level, scoring 18 points with 18 rebounds in his second career game and averaging 15/10 in just 21 minutes per game.

With the departure of Geno Artison, there's more than 300 minutes up for grabs backing up Martins Igbanu and the bar for improved performance in that spot is not particularly high. There's always an adjustment period for juco bigs, but Falokun should represent an immediate upgrade.

2019 proj.: 15.4mpg, 8.0ppg, 5.0rpg, 1.0apg, 0.3spg, 0.3bpg, 1.4topg, 53.7% 2PT, 22.2% 3PT, 64.8% FT

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
If he can play inside it will be an upgrade. I liked Geno, and his mom was a hoot, but until the last 10 games or so wanted to be a shooting guard more than a forward.

Reactions: Gold* and ctt8410
If he can play inside it will be an upgrade. I liked Geno, and his mom was a hoot,
but until the last 10 games or so wanted to be a shooting guard more than a
forward.
:rolleyes:Yeah....We've seen that before....I can remember several....A guard wannabe
in a forward's body...He was a really smooth athlete and always showed potential
to be more productive than he turned out to be....

As to Falocun, he seems to have responded in a very positive way to the upgrade in competition....We often see the reverse of that.....He may end up being one of our
most valuable additions in the 2018 recruiting class....

What I’m hearing is Falokun is so skilled we are going undefeated this year???

Nobody made that statement, but all the positive vibes here are so anti-football board that I’m even more excited for Tuesday’s game than I was before the exhibition game.

Haith and Co, if you read the boards, please don’t use early season games to figure out the rotation this year!! You undoubtedly know more about the game than me but you don’t understand how desperately TU fans needs Ws in bunches after this football season. No early season upsets!!!!!!

Nobody made that statement, but all the positive vibes here are so anti-football board that I’m even more excited for Tuesday’s game than I was before the exhibition game.

Haith and Co, if you read the boards, please don’t use early season games to figure out the rotation this year!! You undoubtedly know more about the game than me but you don’t understand how desperately TU fans needs Ws in bunches after this football season. No early season upsets!!!!!!

<——- will take early season upset of Nevada

He’s a different player, but I wonder if Falokun takes the Maganay role as the extra big guy that can dominate, especially against twos. Having extra fouls and skill with the bigs is great, especially now that we have a ton of decent or better guards.

The football d1 losing streak is guaranteeing a great basketball season. Like Highlander, with every football loss our basketball team gains strength as they absorb the power of the dead.

The football d1 losing streak is guaranteeing a great basketball season. Like Highlander, with every football loss our basketball team gains strength as they absorb the power of the dead.

We haven’t won a D1 game in football in over a year. Does that mean we won’t lose a D1 basketball game for an entire year??? If so I’d be okay with never winning another D1 football game.

Reactions: TULSARISING
We haven’t won a D1 game in football in over a year. Does that mean we won’t lose a D1 basketball game for an entire year??? If so I’d be okay with never winning another D1 football game.

So much for going undefeated, TU football played too well tonight, now we’re going to lose 3 or 4 basketball games

10 points in his 5th career game matches Artison’s career high. It makes a huge difference to have a big guy that you can bring off the bench and count on to score.

Reactions: I.I.
10 points in his 5th career game matches Artison’s career high. It makes a huge difference to have a big guy that you can bring off the bench and count on to score.
If he can play like that against the best, he may not need to come off the bench much longer. This is how he looked in preseason and not how he looked the previous 4 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT