ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Player Discussion Thread: Lawson Korita

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Junior G Lawson Korita

There's something to be said for consistency. The only remaining guard from the 5-guard class of 2016, Korita has averaged exactly 2.8ppg and 1.5rpg in each of his two seasons at Tulsa. Those aren't exactly star numbers, but he's not a player who hurts you while he's on the floor and that helped earn him 17 starts on the season. And the raw numbers belie an impressive increase in efficiency (from 30% up to 52% from 2; from 26% up to 34% from 3). Odds are that Korita reprises his role again this year, but likely off the bench this time, and if the shooting gains from last year hold then he'll be reliable option that's there when we need him. It's not flashy, but every team needs a guy like that.

2019 proj.: 11.4mpg, 3.3ppg, 1.4rpg, 0.7apg, 0.2spg, 0.0bpg, 0.5topg, 37.4% 2PT, 32.7% 3PT, 87.8% FT

The things Korita does well are things that most don’t notice. He’s a very good passer and maintains spacing in the offense. His biggest deficit is on defense. I’m hoping he goes from a player that doesn’t hurt to a player that helps this season.

Reactions: ctt8410
The things Korita does well are things that most don’t notice. He’s a very good passer and maintains spacing in the offense. His biggest deficit is on defense. I’m hoping he goes from a player that doesn’t hurt to a player that helps this season.
It will help Korita lot if one of the other guys can penetrate off the dribble. He still has the potential to be a really good spot up shooter, he just needs more open shots

Reactions: ctt8410
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT