ADVERTISEMENT

1st Practice

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So I wasn't out there to watch? Was anyone who posts on here out there?

Kelly Hines says it was difficult to gauge with just helmets and everything was basic BUT she also said the QBs look better, especially Skipper. Secondary is different but a lot better with a lot of guys back.

And she says Zaven Collins is going to be a star. Which I think several of us have also pointed out on this board.

So I wasn't out there to watch? Was anyone who posts on here out there?

Kelly Hines says it was difficult to gauge with just helmets and everything was basic BUT she also said the QBs look better, especially Skipper. Secondary is different but a lot better with a lot of guys back.

And she says Zaven Collins is going to be a star. Which I think several of us have also pointed out on this board.
A "star" or a star-LB? I thought he was supposed to be a MLB? Lol.

A "star" or a star-LB? I thought he was supposed to be a MLB? Lol.
I think she meant it as going to be a great player...regardless of where he ends up playing. The kid was a stud coming out of HS. He was playing out of position because of how athletic he was. He's huge. He's fast, especially for a LB. In HS he played as the option QB and as a Safety. In all of his highlights he was running downhill. He was making a ton of tackles as a safety but mostly because he read the play and got to the LOS before the RB did. He's got really long arms and now that he's had a year in TU's S&C program, he's probably a little stronger and maybe a little quicker. P5 programs are too lazy to project or have a vision of kids like Zaven playing somewhere other than what they see on his film. They don't even try in most cases.

I think she meant it as going to be a great player...regardless of where he ends up playing. The kid was a stud coming out of HS. He was playing out of position because of how athletic he was. He's huge. He's fast, especially for a LB. In HS he played as the option QB and as a Safety. In all of his highlights he was running downhill. He was making a ton of tackles as a safety but mostly because he read the play and got to the LOS before the RB did. He's got really long arms and now that he's had a year in TU's S&C program, he's probably a little stronger and maybe a little quicker. P5 programs are too lazy to project or have a vision of kids like Zaven playing somewhere other than what they see on his film. They don't even try in most cases.
Yup. I'm excited about him. I honestly thought he could have played QB for us if we had wanted to go out on a limb with him. He'll probably be better laying some poor unsuspecting RB out though.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Yup. I'm excited about him. I honestly thought he could have played QB for us if we had wanted to go out on a limb with him. He'll probably be better laying some poor unsuspecting RB out though.
Can you imagine what those poor Class A teams like Kiefer, Porter, and Mounds felt like going up against him?

Cayden McFarland (ch2 and the guy we need to work on to be the local media TU guy because we know ch6 won’t) said that President appeared to be fully recovered from his ACL injury and would compete for the QB job against Skipper and Boomer.

Cayden McFarland (ch2 and the guy we need to work on to be the local media TU guy because we know ch6 won’t) said that President appeared to be fully recovered from his ACL injury and would compete for the QB job against Skipper and Boomer.
Gross.

If President is healthy he needs to learn receiver routes since he’s not QB material.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT