ADVERTISEMENT

11th FBS Conference?

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Apparently the A-Sun and the WAC are combining their remaining teams and requesting a move to the FBS. I had forgotten that the WAC dropped football. When they instituted football again they had to play in the FCS. According to the article it seems that this will be tough but not impossible. FCS teams go through a 2 year transition and have to be invited by an FBS conference. This will be a whole conference moving up. I see something similar to where they are ineligible for post season for at least two years. Since it is a whole conference I would think they would expand that period to up to 5 years. Those are my thoughts.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ic-sun-wac-teams-pairing-move-fbs-sources-say

With the expanded playoff and the new opportunities it will provide, there's really no reason to split division 1 football any longer. It's time to do away with the FCS and keep relegation between division lines like every other NCAA sponsored sport.

With the expanded playoff and the new opportunities it will provide, there's really no reason to split division 1 football any longer. It's time to do away with the FCS and keep relegation between division lines like every other NCAA sponsored sport.
The expanded CFP isnt an NCAA function.. FBS and FCS are..

So the favorite team of @Gold* (Lamar) moved from the Southland Conference to the WAC not long ago under former athletic director Marco Born. After Born left his job under unusual circumstances, he left the athletic programs in shambles and the acting director pulled Lamar back to the Southland Conference. The draw of the WAC had been that they were moving toward becoming a FBS conference.

I wonder if this might finally give Idaho a football home.

How can it have a home if the state doesn’t even exist?

You know the difference between north and magnetic north? That’s to make up for Idaho not being real.

Some will mention Boise State. But that proves my point. If Idaho was a state, then it would be called that. But it’s not. Boise isn’t even a state. And that’s why they play on blue turf because they can’t even have green grass since it’s all make believe anyway.

How can it have a home if the state doesn’t even exist?

You know the difference between north and magnetic north? That’s to make up for Idaho not being real.

Some will mention Boise State. But that proves my point. If Idaho was a state, then it would be called that. But it’s not. Boise isn’t even a state. And that’s why they play on blue turf because they can’t even have green grass since it’s all make believe anyway.
Smoke Weed GIF by Holly Logan

See I think ITS is basically Snowpiercer. It’s a world unto itself where crazy things happen. It can’t go off the rails. It is a crazy train. All aboard!

Translation: We know there’s no way the G5 will vote to dilute their share of the money and even less chance the P5 will give greater profit sharing to the G5 to see this happen. But hey we can’t have antitrust hearings in DC so let’s pretend we are listening to some nonsense that includes a school without a football team or stadium and no funds to build either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT