ADVERTISEMENT

1-5 Temple opens as a 2 point favorite…

I haven’t seen much improvement and I was so hopeful Coach Wilson would make a difference but he hasn’t so far

I think Wilson has recruited better and is stepping up quality. However, there is very questionable in-game coaching decisions and lack of superior conditioning. I think the main issues and I do believe it plays a huge role in a team....Almost all our conference mates have a media machine behind them, that prop them up inside their own city. We have a media machine actively trying to dismantle TU. Our conference brethren have cities behind them, we have a city where the people rather root for two schools that are not even in our city. I think our coaches have a hard time pumping up players to play when they enter a stadium and there is more Orange than blue and gold. I'm not letting the coaching staff off the hook, I just think a good coach could and would struggle here in this landscape. TU is not an easy school to coach at. So many obstacles to overcome. I hate it but it's true. Until the University itself truly buys into it's own brand...we will struggle.

I think Wilson has recruited better and is stepping up quality. However, there is very questionable in-game coaching decisions and lack of superior conditioning. I think the main issues and I do believe it plays a huge role in a team....Almost all our conference mates have a media machine behind them, that prop them up inside their own city. We have a media machine actively trying to dismantle TU. Our conference brethren have cities behind them, we have a city where the people rather root for two schools that are not even in our city. I think our coaches have a hard time pumping up players to play when they enter a stadium and there is more Orange than blue and gold. I'm not letting the coaching staff off the hook, I just think a good coach could and would struggle here in this landscape. TU is not an easy school to coach at. So many obstacles to overcome. I hate it but it's true. Until the University itself truly buys into it's own brand...we will struggle.
Our offensive line is average , Kirk Francis makes a lot of late throws where if the receiver is wide open he has to wait on the ball
and our better talent are true freshmen . Playing 18 year olds against 22-24 year old men is a tall order for success. Next year
the football team should be better if the current freshman class sticks around plus another good recruiting class.
Todd Graham's teams had some great seasons here so it can be done ,unfortunately the portal makes it a tough on everyone .

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If I ever reached the point of rooting for one of our opponents to beat us will be the day I buy fishing tackle and take up a new hobby. Maybe start following roller derby too.
You can still buy that fishing tackle! Fishing is awesome!

If I ever reached the point of rooting for one of our opponents to beat us will be the day I buy fishing tackle and take up a new hobby. Maybe start following roller derby too.
No kidding. The day I pull for an opponent will be the last day that I follow the team or go to a game. Anyone who says otherwise probably wasn't really a fan to begin with.

Tulsa will somehow manage to win, barely.... It will be ugly and empty, similar to the LA Tech win; which felt like a loss.

I think most of the people that are saying they are cheering for temple aren’t doing it because they hate Tulsa, they want temple to win because it makes the chances of change more likely , not saying I agree or disagree with it , but I understand the reasoning

I think most of the people that are saying they are cheering for temple aren’t doing it because they hate Tulsa, they want temple to win because it makes the chances of change more likely , not saying I agree or disagree with it , but I understand the reasoning
It was only one person, and he was just trying to draw attention to himself. He went away quietly when nobody agreed with his agenda.

It was only one person, and he was just trying to draw attention to himself. He went away quietly when nobody agreed with his agenda.

He went back over to the aac board with the super fine folks that frequent there.
Isn't Panicstricken Howard Twilley's grandson? That's so disappointing that he has to gain attention by playing down Tulsa like he often does on the conference board. I find it distressing that he is a relative of one of our best football players, and shows his backside so much. It is something he has a rep for, and is not quite taken as seriously for it, but that does not make it ok in many situations. Not everybody takes it so jovially.

Cane-man.....winter crappie fishing on Grand in a heated dock is very relaxing and as for roller derby....I prefer the Bay Area Bombers....you're welcome.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
have grown cynical
I think we have a little crowd think going on here as well. Two or four people took the step off the cliff, and everybody followed. I realize there have been signs, but not as many as the group dive warranted.

I think the right people dove around the same time because there is a mutual cynicism that was already enveloping the college sports world. With the portal, nil, conference realignment, a new 'excluding' power group trying to form, etc, etc., it is bringing the fortress of gloom upon us. It's not surprising that the board has gone a little too far down the dark end of the street.

Cane-man.....winter crappie fishing on Grand in a heated dock is very relaxing and as for roller derby....I prefer the Bay Area Bombers....you're welcome.
Fly fishing is a goal, and fishing in an ice house on a frozen lake is a breath of fresh air.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT