ADVERTISEMENT

1/29 games

ctt8410

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Light schedule for tonight, but all of them should be close. I could justify rooting for either of UConn/Cinci. Either way, it should be a fun game to watch.

7pm CT
UConn @ Cincinnati ESPN2
ULaLa @ South Alabama

7:30pm CT
UALR @ Arkansas State

Go UCONN. Dropping Cincy another game behind us can only help down the stretch plus it's an immediate RPI boost today because we haven't played Cincy yet.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Go UCONN. Dropping Cincy another game behind us can only help down the stretch plus it's an immediate RPI boost today because we haven't played Cincy yet.
I typically route for the road team in games like this. I've heard the bump for a road win by our opponents makes that a slightly better option.

I look for the outcome that would give us the # 1 conference tournament seed. Not sure which team that would be tonight but I hate to see contenders win on the road against other contenders as that is usually what makes the separation at the end.

Originally posted by I.I.:

I look for the outcome that would give us the # 1 conference tournament seed. Not sure which team that would be tonight but I hate to see contenders win on the road against other contenders as that is usually what makes the separation at the end.
This. Need Cincy to win.

Does it matter that we play uconn twice and only cincy once?

This post was edited on 1/29 6:40 PM by FlyGuyGSP

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
UConn isn't a threat to win the regular season league title IMO.
I would upgrade that prediction to the conference tourney as well. They simply do not play as a team. No way they win 4 straight, even in Hartford.

TX
This post was edited on 1/29 10:19 PM by texcane1982

Top 5 only have to win 3 straight. UConn is good enough to do that at home.

Unless Boatright goes for 25, UCONN simply isn't going to beat one of the top 3 teams right now. They don't have enough scoring from anywhere else.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

How many did Boatright have? UCONN has looked mostly dysfunctional against decent teams the last 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: The time stamp function is jacked up. I did not wake up at 4:15am to make this prophetic post

This post was edited on 1/30 6:36 AM by TU_BLA

UCONN= Done. So done.
UCONN could easily win the Tourney in Hartford.

Cincy won't get away with the fouling they do on the offensive glass in the NCAA Tourney.

They throw it up at the rim and then "go get it". I question their offense. Love the defense.

GO TU!!!

Originally posted by Tu Geo:

UCONN= Done. So done.
UCONN could easily win the Tourney in Hartford.

Cincy won't get away with the fouling they do on the offensive glass in the NCAA Tourney.

They throw it up at the rim and then "go get it". I question their offense. Love the defense.

GO TU!!!
I will disagree on your assessment of UCONN right now...this team does not have a Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier to climb on and ride this year. People can say what they want of Boatright but I have seen a lot of UCONN's games this year and he is not in the same league with those 2 guys. Hamilton is the only one I've seen with an offensive consistency for them, and Brimah is just not the dominant force you want a true 7-footer to be.

I will agree on your assessment of Cincinnati. They are tremendous defensively. We may see a 45-40 barn burner when they come to Tulsa.

Troy Caupain should get an earful when he comes to Tulsa. What a punk.

GO TU!!!!

Cincinnati is long and athletic inside, they will give us trouble...............we caught a break having them once and only at our place.

UConn isn't done either................remember, they struggled right up to the NCAA tournament last year and caught fire. Let's let that sleeping giant continue to rest, for as long as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT