ADVERTISEMENT

This post is the hope of USMNT vs true apathetic reality

I knew I was forgetting someone … I mentioned Musah but I was trying to think of who might could challenge Scally at RB, Ledezma has been serviceable there for the PSV this season. Early as it is, I have yet to see any reason he doesn’t keep the job.

EDIT: Not just him but I missed perhaps the 2 most obvious of all potential call-ups: Aidan Morris & Quinn Sullivan. Morris could be a good replacement for Adams come in & backup Cardoso.

Adams has to go, either way. The laughing the joking around, putting his country so far before his club… who by the way just signed a great defender Julian Araujo. Yes you are supposed to be most loyal to your country obviously but in his case it’s a lack of professionalism & conduct detrimental ! Memphis was just booted from Majadahonda by Simeone for doing to Atleti exactly what Adams is doing to Bournemouth. I’m not AFCB fan but as an atleti fan I can tell you we hated it Memphis always being a diva never available to train even with big time UCL matches that I’d argue are equally as important as his euro 24 matches for country…. So dumb

I never understood what all the hype was surrounding Adams. He helped us in the WC, but that was more a result of having a tad bit more experience than the others. Cardoso was arguably the most exciting player January transfer of La Liga last season & as of last week he’s already now essentially been purchased by Tottenham €30m… I imagine he makes that move January or next summer.

This post is the hope of USMNT vs true apathetic reality

This was written before I was aware that apparently the hiring of Pochettino is not even finalized… I’m leaving it bc I know the hope in this accurately represents that USMNT fans who follow players’ club form throughout the season. It seems the conditions that created the Berhalter failure of culture still persists in US Soccer. From 30,000 feet you can easily blame the woke women’s side of it, but that is enabled from the men’s side. All this can be described as is an epic failure, one more clumsy fumble of a unique opportunity.

It’ll be quite interesting to see how players respond to Pochettino. I must say, I didn’t expect we’d have a chance at him when I suggested Fer Torres shortly after Berhalter was (friggin finally ffs) sacked.

Ironically enough, what I do remember of Pochettino should’ve led me to consider his candidacy - his attitude toward the end of a season that he, against all odds, seemed to have salvaged. Not only did he salvage it, after it appeared midseason he would be fired, by the end of their penultimate match it was a foregone conclusion he’d be returning for a second season.

He won them over this time, crazy for an unreasonable chelsea fan base for whom expectations endlessly evade. Post match, in front of EPL reporters who are so fake, a week earlier an American would’ve mistaken them for mockingbird press, perhaps long lost half-sibling lovechilds of the fathers of Dana Bash, Jim Acosta & Joy Reid, he was praised.

He wasn’t just praised, these people were giddy for a gratuitous response akin to grovelling from him. Though they were trying to sound polite, it was obvious these people expected a man who so unsure of his abilities that he could only thank them & ask them if there’s anything he could do for their alphabet mafia charities over the summer.

He served the swooners with one of the most epic smack downs in history, reminding them that at the end of the season it is not just sporting directors & owners who decide the future of the club, the manager (& assistant coaches) all have a say, too. What a guy!

I’m confident he will get us competitive, even with the first dramatic setback: a crying media calling for a crying Tyler Adams to not remained scratched from Poch’s 11. I might soon set the clock on that.

As for this week, with Weah out (another likely to be scratched emotional diva) I’m finally hopeful we might see an 11 that accurately reflects what I’ve been calling for months to see: Tillman on the left, Pulisic on the right, Wright & Sargent in the middle, Cardoso & McKennie behind them. Backline of 4 that is Antonee, Trusty, Richard’s, Scally or if 5/3 Trusty, McKenzie(or Robinson/Vickers) & Richards w/ Antonee LWB & Scally(or Musah) RWB

This group can run the 4-2-3-1 if Poch still prefers or other similar forms 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1, or, what I’d really like to see just for fun a 4-1-3-2 with Cardoso behind Pulisic, Tillman, McKennie & Wright & Sargent up front.

I’m hoping we see someone unexpected get called up, too. Tessman, Busio, Cowell, de la Fuente, Luna, maybe Downs or Maloney come to mind.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT