ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Dickson

I used to, but after getting fired as head coach I don’t anymore.
So good(and interesting) that I popped your cherry with your first jab on the board. You keep going on about me using melt so many times. That was to emphasize that you were doing just that. Let it go, it wasn't funny the first time,(melt) second time,(melt) fourth time, (melt) sixth time.(melt)

Interesting that I am sitting on your couch rent free, Maybe I’ll go take a nap in the master bedroom. I always heard BB didn’t harbor any bad feelings about things not working out. Maybe I was wrong OR you aren’t BB.

I doubt it is you, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned endowment in relation to Rick Dickson.(He doesn't raise money for our endowment or the Tulane endowment.) I wouldn't expect BB would make that mistake,

with the endowment.

Seeing as how I bothered you so much with repetition,

I thought would follow suit with the word endowment. ;)

Note: I would think BB would be a bit more diplomatic in how he referred to Rick Dickson, instead of calling him a joke. He went lots of places I wouldn't think BB would go, but don't think it's of enough importance to dissect every one of them. If he was BB then I would mention relatives on football staffs.

So good(and interesting) that I popped your cherry with your first jab on the board. You keep going on about me using melt so many times. That was to emphasize that you were doing just that. Let it go, it wasn't funny the first time,(melt) second time,(melt) fourth time, (melt) sixth time.(melt)

Interesting that I am sitting on your couch rent free, Maybe I’ll go take a nap in the master bedroom. I always heard BB didn’t harbor any bad feelings about things not working out. Maybe I was wrong OR you aren’t BB.

I doubt it is you, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned endowment in relation to Rick Dickson.(He doesn't raise money for our endowment or the Tulane endowment.) I wouldn't expect BB would make that mistake,

with the endowment.

Seeing as how I bothered you so much with repetition,

I thought would follow suit with the word endowment. ;)

Note: I would think BB would be a bit more diplomatic in how he referred to Rick Dickson, instead of calling him a joke. He went lots of places I wouldn't think BB would go, but don't think it's of enough importance to dissect every one of them. If he was BB then I would mention relatives on football staffs.
Wait, you actually thought I could be BB? 😂 Dear lord, Gmoney. Trolling you is too easy, bud. Hope you’re enjoying a patty melt tonight.

Wait, you actually thought I could be BB? 😂 Dear lord, Gmoney. Trolling you is too easy, bud. Hope you’re enjoying a patty melt tonight.
No, I just thought you were trying to use that to gain some respect on here. I never believed it for a minute. That's why I immediately pointed out you were not BB. I would have treated BB with more respect than that post did.

I'm through talking to you. You are a joke.

Please keep whining about Dickson.

The overall size of endowments is largely irrelevant in the context of athletics at TU and other privates. More money certainly helps, but you can have huge sums in poor returning funds restricted to being spent on things you don’t really need. For instance, a $75 million repair endowment for a brand new stadium. That would count in your total, but the money couldn’t be spent.

The relevant measuring stick is gross revenues and certain very specific endowment proceeds.

It doesn’t matter if you have $200 million in athletics endowment alone if the yield is poor and you aren’t selling tickets, media rights, or merchandising. Your actual spending budget from total revenue could still be less than other smaller endowed programs.

In short, nobody on here could possibly know the financial structure of Tulsa AND Tulane’s financial fundamentals to compare the two effectively. Nor would that really be relevant to how well or poorly one person did a single job at a complex institution like a FBS university.

Judge the man all you want, but it’s a mistake to go down the endowment rabbit hole. That’s an issue and decision largely above an AD.

Last edited:
The overall size of endowments is largely irrelevant in the context of athletics at TU and other privates. More money certainly helps, but you can have huge sums in poor returning funds restricted to being spent on things you don’t really need. For instance, a $75 million repair endowment for a brand new stadium. That would count in your total, but the money couldn’t be spent.

The relevant measuring stick is gross revenues and certain very specific endowment proceeds.

It doesn’t matter if you have $200 million in athletics endowment alone if the yield is poor and you aren’t selling tickets, media rights, or merchandising. Your actual spending budget from total revenue could still be less than other smaller endowed programs.

In short, nobody on here could possibly know the financial structure of Tulsa AND Tulane’s financial fundamentals to compare the two effectively. Nor would that really be relevant to how well or poorly one person did a single job at a complex institution like a FBS university.

Judge the man all you want, but it’s a mistake to go down the endowment rabbit hole. That’s an issue and decision largely above an AD.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

I understand that Rick was kind of negative during the mixogy event today.

I was with him twice today at events. He was not negative at all. He continues to challenge the Letter-winners and former players to reinvest in the program. He was actually very positive in a couple of one on one conversation.

I was with him twice today at events. He was not negative at all. He continues to challenge the Letter-winners and former players to reinvest in the program. He was actually very positive in a couple of one on one conversation.
OK. My friend was at mixology and left with the impression we can thrown in the towel as far as competing at the highest level based on his comments.

OK. My friend was at mixology and left with the impression we can thrown in the towel as far as competing at the highest level based on his comments.
So let me get this straight, the AD gets up in front of the letterman on homecoming weekend and says we have have thrown in the towel on being able to compete at the highest level? Not doubting your friends interpretation, but this is inconsistent with everything the university has said lately regarding its commitment to athletics. I believe Rick is realistic on how difficult is it to be competitive and perhaps that came across as throwing in the towel?

So let me get this straight, the AD gets up in front of the letterman on homecoming weekend and says we have have thrown in the towel on being able to compete at the highest level? Not doubting your friends interpretation, but this is inconsistent with everything the university has said lately regarding its commitment to athletics. I believe Rick is realistic on how difficult is it to be competitive and perhaps that came across as throwing in the towel?
I suspect that's it and he expected a more encouraging message.

Great hire Rick.

Coach Wilson is an amazing judge of talent at the QB position.

I hear he also really well liked with the players.

Retire already.

Anybody starting to get that sinking feeling in the pit of their stomach that maybe the rose tinted glasses need to come off?

Anybody starting to get that sinking feeling in the pit of their stomach that maybe the rose tinted glasses need to come off?
They should never have been on. Reality sucks folks, it doesn't get any better burying your hard in the sand.

Take OU going to the SEC. Welcome to middle of the pack Gooners

Here is the level of excitement Wilson & Dixon have brought to the program. I love TU football. I knew the game would be on. I knew it was homecoming. I knew it was against a mediocre team. I knew we needed this to stay in bowl contention. I have MONEY on the team winning this season. I chose to rake leaves in the front yard instead. Was surprised the game was still going when I got done. Thought I would be able to just watch the hi/low lights after it ended.

Amateur hour in the TU athletic department needs to end.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Great hire Rick.

Coach Wilson is an amazing judge of talent at the QB position.

I hear he also really well liked with the players.

Retire already.
Hey man, Rick was a great fundraiser a decade ago at Tulane so it doesn’t matter that our program is in shambles, okay?! 🥴

Reactions: astonmartin708
Wilson needs to unload all the D-2 and D-3 players he inherited from Monty and replace the with D-1 players.

Wilson needs to unload all the D-2 and D-3 players he inherited from Monty and replace the with D-1 players.
C'mon man. They just lost at homecoming to a walk on leading the team that was worst in the country at 3rd down conversions. It's not just the Tulsa roster that's the problem. Charlotte has a bad roster too. The staff needs to take some accountability.

Agree, Wilson blames injuries on the radio post game show, but

Agree, Wilson blamed injuries on the post game radio show, but Charolette is a really bad football team so injuries should not be the deciding factor. Bottom line, even if we would have squeaked out a win, we clearly will not win another game the rest season so in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter…..this season is over.
Considering the number of players Charlotte was missing for this game that excuse rings hollow.

It would be hard for any coach to win with these players , im willing to give him a year or two to get his players in before I evaluate him too much , we might have 10 players total that are decent , we don’t have a good qb , the linemen don’t block and the defense just doesn’t have the talent we need to be successful

It would be hard for any coach to win with these players , im willing to give him a year or two to get his players in before I evaluate him too much , we might have 10 players total that are decent , we don’t have a good qb , the linemen don’t block and the defense just doesn’t have the talent we need to be successful
Yes, it would be hard for any coach to win with these players, but the same can be said for Charolette…yet somehow they won today.

Yes, it would be hard for any coach to win with these players, but the same can be said for Charolette…yet somehow they won today.
Yes it is inexcusable from a guy making millions to lose to a terrible team on homecoming. Inexcusable.

Good point , we are pretty evenly matched with them talent wise right now unfortunately

A decent coach should be able to make his players better, even if he inherited most of them. That hasn’t been the case so far.

Many of these guys won 5 games last year and 7 the year before that. Now they seem to be getting worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT