ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Dickson

Glad to see you’re back, Gmoney. Was worried you “melted” away after getting embarrassed on Saturday.
Bless your heart, did someone lick the red off your candy. I'm so glad you let me in on how embarrassed I was.

During Dickson's time at Tulane they had a small budget. After he headed up the largest funding in the history of the school they got a new stadium and had the bucks to get the coach they want. Where would Tulane be if not for the fund raiser headed up by Dickson.

During Dickson's time at Tulane they had a small budget. After he headed up the largest funding in the history of the school they got a new stadium and had the bucks to get the coach they want. Where would Tulane be if not for the fund raiser headed up by Dickson.
You don’t get to credit Dixon with Fritz hire. lol Stahp

aston, I didn't give Dickson credit for the hire, I did give him credit for the fundraiser that made it possible for the new AD to make a better hire.
He sees what he wants to see, and says what he wants to say. Doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong.

Reactions: TU 1978
Ah yes, Rick Dickson hired a basketball coach 32 years ago so that absolves him of all the terrible hires he's made since then. Let's also falsely attribute Tulane's current success to the fact that Rick Dickson allegedly "fundraised" for FIFTEEN years while his football team won 23% of it's games over that stretch. If it wasn't for Rick's amazing fundraising skills Tulane would never have been able to hire Willie Fritz! ...oh wait, Tulane has a $2 billion endowment but yeah this was all Rick's doing! Y'all need to stop living in the past and face the reality of what's happening right now. Dear lord.

Holy hell. How many times do I have to repeat myself...Rick Dickson has strictly hired terrible coaches in the past but we're supposed to just trust he finally made a good hire this time? That is quite literally the ENTIRE point of this post. How is this hard for YOU to understand? I have a feeling I know why your brain hurts and it's probably due to your lack of reading comprehension.
who hired Kraigthorpe and Graham

Ah yes, Rick Dickson hired a basketball coach 32 years ago so that absolves him of all the terrible hires he's made since then. Let's also falsely attribute Tulane's current success to the fact that Rick Dickson allegedly "fundraised" for FIFTEEN years while his football team won 23% of it's games over that stretch. If it wasn't for Rick's amazing fundraising skills Tulane would never have been able to hire Willie Fritz! ...oh wait, Tulane has a $2 billion endowment but yeah this was all Rick's doing! Y'all need to stop living in the past and face the reality of what's happening right now. Dear lord.
CaneHT, I appreciate you jumping on here. We always welcome new posters, and your thoughts are appreciated and give a different perspective. However, you were quick to point out others melting, when it seems you could be veering that direction yourself.

CaneHT, I appreciate you jumping on here. We always welcome new posters, and your thoughts are appreciated and give a different perspective. However, you were quick to point out others melting, when it seems you could be veering that direction yourself.
Man, I get a constant barrage of hate on this thread and I dare to respond to it and you come from the rafters with this. I truly didn't realize this thread would trigger so many emotions from so many people. I even had one dude call me a "pu$$y bit$%" (which you rather conveniently seemed to ignore). All good though - I will refrain from posting on this thread from here on out. Appreciate your input as well, Henry.

Man, I get a constant barrage of hate on this thread and I dare to respond to it and you come from the rafters with this. I truly didn't realize this thread would trigger so many emotions from so many people. I even had one dude call me a "pu$$y bit$%" (which you rather conveniently seemed to ignore). All good though - I will refrain from posting on this thread from here on out. Appreciate your input as well, Henry.
No problem. Again, your input is appreciated, though it may not feel like it. I learned a long time ago to not engage certain posters/ topics at length....just not worth it. But your thoughts have given me things to consider. Like everything else in life, things aren't black and white.

That guy is a nut ( I think I know who you are talking about ) a lot more important things to worry about , if anyone calls someone. that over a game , they have problems
Welcome aboard ! I’m not the most intelligent poster here by any means but I enjoy the conversations for the most part !

Eh emotions are always high after an embarrassing loss (or any loss for that matter). This board is how some folks are able to vent in the presence of other TU folks.

Hell I melt with the best of them from time to time.

At the end of the day we’re all on the same team here. 🍻

who hired Kraigthorpe and Graham
Judy McCleod hired Kraghtorpe with an assist from Jerry O. She also hired Steve Robinson and Bill Self, but she also gets the rap for hiring Keith Burns, Buzz Peterson, John Phillips, and Wojcik (Wojcik may have been Bubba). I believe Bubba hired Graham which was a no brainer. Ross Parmley hired Manning. Gragg is responsible for BB, Monty, and Haith.

Judy McCleod hired Kraghtorpe with an assist from Jerry O. She also hired Steve Robinson and Bill Self, but she also gets the rap for hiring Keith Burns, Buzz Peterson, John Phillips, and Wojcik (Wojcik may have been Bubba). I believe Bubba hired Graham which was a no brainer. Ross Parmley hired Manning. Gragg is responsible for BB, Monty, and Haith.
And Bubba hired Ross and recommended him for promotion.

What might have been if he could've just waited 10 more years to start betting on sports.

Reactions: el duran and TU_BLA
And Bubba hired Ross and recommended him for promotion.

What might have been if he could've just waited 10 more years to start betting on sports.
And Ross was becoming a pretty good AD in his own right. Derailed by a weakness that was against NCAA rules. I wonder if there is ever any coming back from that. I mean, if TU were to rehire Ross I'm pretty sure he would never get near a bookie for college sports ever again.

I'd rather be called "pu$$y bit$%" than "Monty Lover" but maybe that's just me.

I'll never forgive him for his position on Monty but the man does have some points. There hasn't been much happy news in TU athletics lately. Has fundraising actually been better than expected w Dickson in charge? Doesn't seem like we've seen anything resulting from that... Jury's still out on Konkol and Wilson but initial returns are less than promising. Is there any area where Rick has been successful? Seems like the party line is "TU was in a bad place so all athletics problems are the fault of prior admin" but has Rick done anything to make things better? I honestly have no idea.

I'll never forgive him for his position on Monty but the man does have some points. There hasn't been much happy news in TU athletics lately. Has fundraising actually been better than expected w Dickson in charge? Doesn't seem like we've seen anything resulting from that... Jury's still out on Konkol and Wilson but initial returns are less than promising. Is there any area where Rick has been successful? Seems like the party line is "TU was in a bad place so all athletics problems are the fault of prior admin" but has Rick done anything to make things better? I honestly have no idea.
I don’t have a ton of metrics to share, but what I do know is that Rick led a record breaking fundraising year for the Golden Hurricane Champions Fund this last fiscal year. He has set a lofty goal for this year and I believe is well on his way to meeting it.

Initial returns on taking over rosters that were absolute disasters.

You're a gem.

With everything going on in TU athletics, now does feel like a good time to start up another Kiefer thread!
Such as… does Kiefer have a 2nd stop light yet? It has been nearly 10 years since I’ve driven thru but it was starting to need one.

It could also use a QT!

Reactions: crow4435
Gragg didn’t hire BB. Bill was hired by Bubba or Ross. It was around the time Bubba was about to leave.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Such as… does Kiefer have a 2nd stop light yet? It has been nearly 10 years since I’ve driven thru but it was starting to need one.

It could also use a QT!
QT won't go to Kiefer...except maybe on the corner of the hwy and hwy 75. More likely to get a Casey's Podunk Store

That'll happen about when they put Pete Rose in the hall of fame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT