ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Dickson

A decent coach should be able to make his players better, even if he inherited most of them. That hasn’t been the case so far.

Many of these guys won 5 games last year and 7 the year before that. Now they seem to be getting worse.
That is true , I’m not saying this is not the case at all , but i really prefer to see him with the players he brings in before I feel I can truly grade him , it’s also possible a lot of the team has quit on him and at that point , it dosnt matter what you do , they will get worse . As far as a lot of them being on the team last year and the year before , we have to remember we had a decent to good qb in Davis Brin and a pretty solid wr core. We don’t really have that with this team . QB is such a big piece of a team being successful, look at OSU , they started off playing musical chairs at qb at the beginning of the season and we thought they would be lucky to make a bowl, now they have a good qb and they are on the verge of making the Big 12 championship game . Just my 2 cents , which isn’t much most of the time 😂

That is true , I’m not saying this is not the case at all , but i really prefer to see him with the players he brings in before I feel I can truly grade him , it’s also possible a lot of the team has quit on him and at that point , it dosnt matter what you do , they will get worse . As far as a lot of them being on the team last year and the year before , we have to remember we had a decent to good qb in Davis Brin and a pretty solid wr core. We don’t really have that with this team . QB is such a big piece of a team being successful, look at OSU , they started off playing musical chairs at qb at the beginning of the season and we thought they would be lucky to make a bowl, now they have a good qb and they are on the verge of making the Big 12 championship game . Just my 2 cents , which isn’t much most of the time 😂
We’ve had pretty good luck with new coaches up until now. Kragthorpe took a 1 win team to a bowl game his first year. Montgomery took a 2 win team to a bowl right away as well. Even Blankenship took an inherited team to a level that his predecessor couldn’t reach.

What bothered me was that there was no spark or change after the 14-0 lead that melted away.
this game for me was far superior to the Rice and SMU disasters

We don’t have a competent QB, O line, D line
Or secondary. Wilson is floundering trying to fix it although I think he knows it.

the one strength has been kicking and the first missed FG likely cost the win

We’ve had pretty good luck with new coaches up until now. Kragthorpe took a 1 win team to a bowl game his first year. Montgomery took a 2 win team to a bowl right away as well. Even Blankenship took an inherited team to a level that his predecessor couldn’t reach.
Good points, KW definitely has not gotten my approval by any means yet , I would just like to see what he can do with his players, if next year is the same or close to it , he needs to go. No excuses now since he can go shopping for new players with the portal

KW's personnel decisions are the most frustrating... You find yourself a quarterback who can throw the ball and energizes the team, they march down the entire length of the field, then you throw Braxton in there when you're inside the 5?? You put Braxton back in the game when you just need a first down to ice the thing, and what does he do? He runs it 3 times in a row and punts, and Charlotte came back down and scored. The coach's playcalling and choice of personnel was detrimental, because there are guys on the bench who can get it done...

KW's personnel decisions are the most frustrating... You find yourself a quarterback who can throw the ball and energizes the team, they march down the entire length of the field, then you throw Braxton in there when you're inside the 5?? You put Braxton back in the game when you just need a first down to ice the thing, and what does he do? He runs it 3 times in a row and punts, and Charlotte came back down and scored. The coach's playcalling and choice of personnel was detrimental, because there are guys on the bench who can get it done...
Agree 100% and also the personnel decisions extend to RB. Watkins had a tremendous game, like 146 yards. On that 3rd down, we had Ford in. Besides a terrible play call, give it to your hot hand and have him get you a yard.

I don't really question Braxton going back in for this situation. The plays called left me scratching my head as well. It certainly didn't give us the opportunity to get out of the shadow of the end zone, but Charlotte would played that defensive series differently if they were fed a freshman walk-on QB that hadn't seen snaps until this game. Likely leading to a safety and free kick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT