ADVERTISEMENT

šŸˆ News/Notes Zaven Collins picks up weekly honors

Memphis fans whining about OBryan Goodson not being named DPOW. He had a good game against Temple but still not the same impact on the game that Zaven has. Zaven's 2 biggest plays had direct impacts on the scoreboard. Forcing the fumble as the QB is getting ready to go into the EZ at the end of the 1st half was a big momentum changer. His pick 6 essentially ended any hopes USF had of trying to get back into the game.

I'm pretty sure he was actually the cause of both fumbles in the game as well, although he's not credited with two.

I'm pretty sure he was actually the cause of both fumbles in the game as well, although he's not credited with two.
No, replay showed the ball was coming out after the initial hit. I can't remember who hit him #13 or #11 or #19. I want to say it was Lamar Mullins that got his helmet on the ball popping it free. I initially thought it was Zaven too because he finished off the tackle.

The replay is really unclear and poorly angled. To me it looks like Evans helmet was slightly below the ball when Collins hand comes around on the tackle and pops it out. Doesn't really matter. He played like a man among boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT