ADVERTISEMENT

Your #22 Tulsa Golden Hurricane!

BYU has replaced the Liberty Flames as the opponent for the game against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers this weekend. Liberty has COVID-19 cases and the medical team at the university said the team couldn’t play. BYU wanted another game to help boost their resume. A BYU win is a good thing for TU.

GO COUGARS
We need a huge win by BYU. Not just to knock down CCU, but make voters think twice about Marshall. Even if BYU loses, we will be ok. They go down and two wins over Cincy might mean we vault over CCU and Marshall.

This is great news.

Are we sure we don’t want Coastal to win and then lose to Louisiana in two weeks?

Are we sure we don’t want Coastal to win and then lose to Louisiana in two weeks?
Let's have Coastal lose to BYU. I've watched both Coastal and Louisiana this season. Coastal is the better team. Louisiana got lucky that they caught an unprepared Iowa State team. I don't think they would get anywhere close to knocking off Iowa State right now. That's just my opinion. Coastal has a lot of weapons and I think they'll score plenty of points against BYU, but Coastal is going to get thrashed on defense in this game. BYU has enough weapons to challenge just about anyone this year.

You want some sports writer to take the Pepsi challenge between us and a school that beat what might be the Big 12 champion and beat the tar out of us last year? No thanks.

I think the chances of Iowa State beating OU again are near zero(pending covid losses) and it’s a bit of a joke that they’re #9 in the playoff rankings

You all must be thinking of someone else. We last played Louisiana in 2017 and we did win that game. We were supposed to play there in 2019 but that game has been pushed out to 2028.

You’re right. We must all be thinking of Arkansas State. Since I can’t use the I’m old excuse, I’ll say it’s because I’m one of those unfocused millennials

Well UL is down right now to Appalachian State
App St is barely doing their job. Louisiana needs to cooperate a little more and not take all that easily given up yardage on the return field goal.

This won't help us in the most important poll. But if we end up #19 in the AP & Coaches poll I won't be making any major complaints.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We need to win out. App St to beat UL. BYU to beat CCU. UL to beat CCU in the SBC Championship and someone to beat Marshall. Then we go to Peach Bowl.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We need to win out. App St to beat UL. BYU to beat CCU. UL to beat CCU in the SBC Championship and someone to beat Marshall. Then we go to Peach Bowl.
We win out, then we don't have to worry about Marshall.

Reactions: loca2874
If we win out and it’s between us and Marshall, I think we will find ourselves ranked over them. It’s the G5 teams that have a P5 win I’m worried about.

Third time the long snapper put it over his head. This time for a safety. Appalachian State is climbing back in this game

I have no words for this game lol
Napier in the locker room: “Well obviously you pay me a lot of money to set these boys up to win, but I just feel like they came out and made a statement that no matter how dumb I am, no matter how many times we fumble, we are still gonna win.”

Reactions: drboobay
AP/Coaches/CFP

- = negative for us
+ = Positive for us
n = neutral for us

Fri
20/21/25 Louisiana @App St 7:30p ESPN -

Sat

Memphis @Tulane 11a ESPN+
22/22/24 Tulsa @Navy 2:30p ESPN2
18/19/16 Wiscy v Indiana 2:30p ABC(Would have 2 B sum combo of IU and TU thrashing their opponents 4 them 2 drop enuff.)
14/14/18 C Carolina v BYU 4:30p ESPNU(This solves the problem with Liberty leapfrogging us.)
Houston @SMU 8p ESPN2 +
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT