ADVERTISEMENT

Your #22 Tulsa Golden Hurricane!

#22 in the AP as well.

With time to set up for it, we are capable of beating 7, 8 and 14 through 25. I don’t think there’s any question that we would beat all the other ranked G5 teams except Cincy. So 22 seems low, but only because we have a half dozen over rated or unknown teams in front of us

As long as the committee sees it the same way as both of these polls then we have to destroy navy. Liberty plays coastal Carolina and I have my money on Liberty. This Saturday could be a big day for TU all around

As long as the committee sees it the same way as both of these polls then we have to destroy navy. Liberty plays coastal Carolina and I have my money on Liberty. This Saturday could be a big day for TU all around
@loca2874 Louisiana plays App St, Wisconsin plays Indiana, and as you said C Carolina plays Liberty. But that game could be a catch 22. If we don't go 3-0 and head to Peach Bowl, then Liberty leapfrogging us because they beat the #14 team could cost us ranking which affects our rep and bowl invite. Just looking at both sides of the coin.

Reactions: HuffyCane
@loca2874 Louisiana plays App St, Wisconsin plays Indiana, and as you said C Carolina plays Liberty. But that game could be a catch 22. If we don't go 3-0 and head to Peach Bowl, then Liberty leapfrogging us because they beat the #14 team could cost us ranking which affects our rep and bowl invite. Just looking at both sides of the coin.
PeachBowl would be FANTASTIC

I don’t think there’s any way we arent in the Armed Forces Bowl if we beat Navy and have two or three total losses. Just my gut. I honestly think if we beat Navy it’s either Fort Worth or Atlanta. I would be really surprised at anything else. But I’ll get excited at the possibility of a rematch against BYU any day.

I don’t think there’s any way we arent in the Armed Forces Bowl if we beat Navy and have two or three total losses. Just my gut. I honestly think if we beat Navy it’s either Fort Worth or Atlanta. I would be really surprised at anything else. But I’ll get excited at the possibility of a rematch against BYU any day.
Just a side note to you. If we beat Navy, we could only have two losses.(Not three.) As it is scheduled now we only play one game after that, unless we go to the ACC championship. Then we could have two losses. Let's hope we have none!

Just a side note to you. If we beat Navy, we could only have two losses.(Not three.) As it is scheduled now we only play one game after that, unless we go to the ACC championship. Then we could have two losses. Let's hope we have none!
I meant overall, counting OSU. Assume we beat Navy and lose to Cincy once or twice. Either way I think AFB.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Am I the only one that saw Liberty get destroyed by an awful UMASS squad? I wouldn’t put money on them to beat a junior high team.

Didn’t Liberty beat Mass 45-0
Correct. NC State blocked a field goal with a minute left and held on to beat Liberty. Flames QB threw three picks. They were the better team. That’s the only loss for them. UMASS is winless as I recall.

What odds would you place on Navy pulling the COVID card AGAIN this coming weekend?
They lost over 30 players within a week of the corps being granted liberty for the first time since the start of school. But supposedly contact tracing has revealed the outbreaks originated with non-athletes. Not sure I believe that. It certainly wasn’t SMU because that school is located in a Republican area of the country as it was argued here. Maryland has a Republican Governor but is amongst the most liberal and most infected areas of the country. Their lockdown protocols are robust.

What is not to be believed is that the school has brought in crisis counselors to provide depression and anxiety treatment for those Midshipmen who can’t handle having to stay in a dormitory in an Ivy League setting for four weeks. Who knows what John McCain would say about that. I can imagine what a lot of enlisted submariners are saying about it as they lay in a bed that will be used by one or two other dudes in a few hours in a room smaller than a closet filled with seven other guys for a couple of months at a time. The Navy Coach, Ken Niuawinoverarmy says the cadets mental health comes first, then they will focus on physical readiness, then beating Army.

So to answer your question: No. I don’t think the game will be played. Use the time on Saturday reading a book on how to speak Chinese.

Last edited:
Did they have senior night yesterday?

If so I suspect no game.

If not, I bet they will play if they can.

Did they have senior night yesterday?

If so I suspect no game.

If not, I bet they will play if they can.

Per the Navy website:

Navy plays host to #24 Tulsa next Saturday on Senior Day. The Mids have not lost on Senior Day since 2002.

Per the Navy website:

Navy plays host to #24 Tulsa next Saturday on Senior Day. The Mids have not lost on Senior Day since 2002.
I thought so. Hopefully the extra week will help our defense be ready for their offense.

I thought so. Hopefully the extra week will help our defense be ready for their offense.
Memphis held them to 7 points. MEMPHIS!. I'm sure our Defense will be just as stout. May get a shut out if the offense doesn't turn the ball over on our own end of the field.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
There is plenty to be concerned about with Navy. Unique offense, Potential injuries. Senior night/day. We really need to jump out on them early like we did South Florida.

Btw I’ve never read anything by Davis Potter of the Casper Star-Tribune (WY) but he has us ranked 14th, ahead of both OU and OSU so I assume he has one of the best minds in all of America

Btw I’ve never read anything by Davis Potter of the Casper Star-Tribune (WY) but he has us ranked 14th, ahead of both OU and OSU so I assume he has one of the best minds in all of America
He’s probably married to a Chi-O from Jenks.

Number 24 in the poll that counts. Need a strong showing against navy
For some reason this game scares me more than any game yet as there is so much on the line and to get cheated out of the championship game with losses to Cincy and Navy if that happens.

Reactions: loca2874
Correct. NC State blocked a field goal with a minute left and held on to beat Liberty. Flames QB threw three picks. They were the better team. That’s the only loss for them. UMASS is winless as I recall.
UMASS is terrible. Them and UCONN should play 12 games against each other to save on travel money as the two campuses are about 90 miles apart (maybe a little less). The 2 football programs are awful and deserve each other. Now UMASS' marching band would make UCONN's look silly.

For those interested in the marching band scene...George Parks is the former director of bands at UMASS and his curriculum for drum majors is used at camps around the country to teach HS drum majors how to do their thing. Thom Hannum, the current director of bands, arranges the percussion for many of the nations top HS marching bands and many drum and bugle corps. The dude is f*ing insane too. I remember one rehearsal where we ran the same 32 count set 18 times in a row because a stupid snare drummer couldn't get his stick heights perfect during the block.

BYU has replaced the Liberty Flames as the opponent for the game against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers this weekend. Liberty has COVID-19 cases and the medical team at the university said the team couldn’t play. BYU wanted another game to help boost their resume. A BYU win is a good thing for TU.

GO COUGARS

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT