ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is this?

I’ll wait to see the artwork, but what I was shown looked nothing like that.
I want to see the artwork. If you can put it on here that would be great. I don't give a crap what the mascot looks like. All I care bout is what 'he' looks like on a tshirt.

I know it's hard to take your eyes off Herbert but I feel we also need to at least mention that his name is apparently Gus T. Get it? Nothing strikes fear in opponents like having to deal with a storm that is a little gusty.

Hard to comprehend how someone could have been paid to produce something that looks like that

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Big Chinnamon Roll
All it's missing is the icing. Tho covering his head in a gooey white sauce seems like it might make the problem even worse.

CinnamonRoll.jpg

tbf, it wouldn’t be the first time reality didn’t match even the vague picture you painted with your “insider scoops”
My money is on the illustrations used for marketing and merchandising will bear semblance to the physical mascot, but be much more desirable, and likely very appealing. This is not a huge stretch from the Eskimo Joes depiction many of us are so fond of.

Trying to make a physical representation of a hurricane has got to be one of the most challenging projects you could give a designer. We tried the dog and it didn’t seem to stick like Revelry has for A&M, so we’re back to this and have the expectation that the graphic design people will get the merchandise correct.

I still think an angry toll booth or slot machine would be a better representation of Tulsa

Reactions: TulsaAM
I dig it. I'm looking forward to wearing my Jay Leno Cinnamon Roll shirt to the OU game in a couple weeks.

Had a coupon for a free t-shirt with Gusty, took a look & gave it back. The reality was even worse.
I have a feeling you may regret that. I have a feeling he might look good in the abstract on a tshirt.

tbf, it wouldn’t be the first time reality didn’t match even the vague picture you painted with your “insider scoops”
LOL, his role is to disseminate the messaging provided by his handlers. And their goals for messaging often do not include "accurately portray facts and the state of the universe as it actually exists."

Had a coupon for a free t-shirt with Gusty, took a look & gave it back. The reality was even worse.
We haven't seen too many of these unforced errors in Brad's tenure. My guess is Pervy Herby's 15 minutes of fame will be brief. That shirt will be a collectors' item soon.

Maybe we can get Tally's or Savoy to sponsor him then
Savoy would be great. Have a cinnamon roll giveaway at a game.

As Haisten said in today’s article about the game,

As our long national nightmare ended when the Captain Cane character was retired by the university, there was the long-awaited introduction of TU’s new mascot. Its name is Gus T. It has human arms and legs, a head that looks like a cinnamon roll and a facial expression that says, “I’ve had way too much caffeine.”

I've never understood why we need a mascot. At least he's not dressed up like a tree or a leprechaun. The kid in the "Gus-T" suit was fired-up and played the role well.

We could definitely use a signature concession. BYU has cougartails which are basically maple flavored honey buns. They bake two miles worth for each home game. People go to the game just to get some cougartails. I won’t speculate on whether barrister has attended a game for the same reason.

That looks like a ice cream cone.

All it need is a scoop of vanilla and you'd have "ICE CREAM CONE MAN".😉

Sorry, that's not doing it for me

I’m probably more likely to buy a shirt if the mascot on it looks absolutely ridiculous. But I’ve always been a bit off.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I’m probably more likely to buy a shirt if the mascot on it looks absolutely ridiculous. But I’ve always been a bit off.
Need an image clothiers want in their shop that moves inventory. Need an image corporate sponsors want associated with their own company. Boise, Miami, RGV, the list goes on. They built multiple potential logos and paid for people to focus group them with the stakeholders the program would depend upon to generate revenue from it. We did the opposite where basically nobody saw it before hand.

Getting a mascot that excites everyone isn’t hard, even for a Hurricane, but it’s not cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT