ADVERTISEMENT

WR Numbers

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So SB Nation posted the following story:

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/2/18/8061745/2014-college-football-receiver-stats

It is interesting to note that of the top 10, only Keevan Lucas and Nelson Spruce (COLO) return next year. Everyone else going pro (Spruce did request an NFL draft grade). Lucas will be the highest rated receiver returning to college football next year.

Bill Connelly (author of article) also had this to say about Keevan:

"* Keevan Lucas is going to put up 1,000,000 yards next year in Philip Montgomery's offense. He had 1,200 yards as part of an awful Tulsa offense last year."

I'm looking forward to a 1500 yd receiver next year. Should be fun

It's an exciting comment... Though I think Keevan's numbers will stay closer to last years. Baylor was really good at spreading the ball around. I think we see marked yardage improvements from guys like Atkinson, Louie, Garrett, and Carter which is what will really help the offense.

I also am interested to see which backs thrive in the spread run atack the best. I could see Brewer and Dickerson really benefiting from the threat of a QB run or the pass to a man in space. Basically, defenses are going to have to respect the quarterback a lot more in this system which should open up the run game.

Lucas will have a little more space after the catch IMO and he is dynamic with the ball in his hands.

In the RB, look to Javon Thomas. Love what I have seen of him on film. Big, fast, physical
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT