ADVERTISEMENT

WR Garrett

shon46

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Sep 16, 2008
UK
I started looking at the roster for next season and noticed Garrett received a medical redshirt in 2013 and by my account he should be coming into his senior season this year. If that's accurate, I'm way more excited about Garrett in Monty's offense than I am about Lucas. Garrett is a huge target who is a proven comidity and #1 receiver that really fits the mold of the types or receivers that were so productive In the Baylor offense. If we can get some accuracy from our QB and decent OL protection, Garrett and Lucas could be close to 1000 yard receivers depending on the emergence of a run game!

I'm excited for the spring game. There's no doubt in my mind we have enough competition at qb to setup our skill players for a decent turn around season. If as much focus is put on our Oline as well we might have a fairly impressive fall.

The offensive system Baylor ran last year, distributed the ball more equally than we did. I imagine most teams will double Lucas next year, forcing others WR's to step up and make plays. This opens up the door for Garrett to possibly have some huge games.

I think our offense will be tough to stop next year. I think we'll run the ball well, and I think we'll move it through the air better. I'm not 100 percent down on Dane Evans, I think he could thrive in this system.

The biggest thing for Garrett is that he'll be another year removed from his gruesome compound fracture. He clearly wasn't the same guy this year. Hopefully another year of recovery gets him back to full strength.

I agree! Injuries like that leave both physical and mental scars that in some cases take a while to heal. This should be his year to shine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT