ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State

PhoggyBottom

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Apr 16, 2004
Lost to a mediocre Iowa team this morning by 20+. Have now lost 4 of 5. Hopefully they turn it around to give TU some value for that win.

We'll have plenty of opportunities in conference play to get some good quality wins. All is not lost.

It's tough when you're missing 3 starters. Was Kansas missing 3 starters last year when they lost to WSU last year by 13? What was KU's excuse?

Who are the three starters? I know VanVleet and Grady. KU's excuse last year was they lost to a very good team that was playing better basketball. I don't really get what that has to do with WSU losing game after game this year not do I see what that he to do with the hope that WSU starts winning some games to give TU a good win. I am sure there is some relevance in there somewhere though.

Who are the three starters? I know VanVleet and Grady. KU's excuse last year was they lost to a very good team that was playing better basketball. I don't really get what that has to do with WSU losing game after game this year not do I see what that he to do with the hope that WSU starts winning some games to give TU a good win. I am sure there is some relevance in there somewhere though.

4-star freshman guard Landry Shamet was their 6th man until VanFleet didn't play. He then became a starter. Avg 8.7 pts. In terms of what KU losing to WSU has to do with anything, you said WSU lost to a mediocre Iowa team and lost 4 of their last 5. That happens when you lose 3 starters to injury. They have an excuse for the losses. KU had no excuse losing to WSU last year, except WSU had the better team. If WSU doesn't lose those 3 guys, they most likely would not have lost 4 of 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gold* and I.I.
Full Disclosure!!! Phoggy is my favorite poster.

For all the consistent crap he takes on this board (some deserved, some not), he stays respectful in every one of his responses. Phoggy adds a good blend to this board...Keep posting, Big Strong Phog!

Reactions: TulsaFanForever
4-star freshman guard Landry Shamet was their 6th man until VanFleet didn't play. He then became a starter. Avg 8.7 pts. In terms of what KU losing to WSU has to do with anything, you said WSU lost to a mediocre Iowa team and lost 4 of their last 5. That happens when you lose 3 starters to injury. They have an excuse for the losses. KU had no excuse losing to WSU last year, except WSU had the better team. If WSU doesn't lose those 3 guys, they most likely would not have lost 4 of 5.

OK. So they lost two starters and their 6th man. That is a lot to lose no doubt. Still do not get what beating KU last year has to do with this current situation, but whatever.

Reactions: WATU2
WSU is the first ranked team in the history of the AP poll to lose four games in November. Thought that was interesting considering how long the AP poll has been in existence. They're at the point now where I would rest VanVleet until he's completely healthy. Their still the fav in the Valley with a full squad imo.

Full Disclosure!!! Phoggy is my favorite poster.

For all the consistent crap he takes on this board (some deserved, some not), he stays respectful in every one of his responses. Phoggy adds a good blend to this board...Keep posting, Big Strong Phog!

I used to agree, but he's posted 14 times since the season started. All 14 were about Wichita State. He's turned into a caricature.

I used to agree, but he's posted 14 times since the season started. All 14 were about Wichita State. He's turned into a caricature.
I like Phoggy.......but he hates the Mo Valley. He would not give Mo St. any slack when they had a 20 RPI a few years back said they didn't deserve an at large. That was beyond absurd.

Go TU!!!!

I believe I said back then that there were legitimate reasons for leaving Mo.St. out. If I recall correctly, Mo.St. had a ton of wins between 100 and 150 but lost to the only top 50 teams they played. Could be wrong but something like that. But I believe I said I had no problem if Mo.St. had got in but also had no problem with them being left out.

Reactions: WATU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT