ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State

ORU is dead athletically and as an 'educational' institution. Better to use the land as an amusement park called TV Preacherland.

That's all a little cruel. They are in a bad spot, but deserve better than a lot of the other low majors they are lumped in with. I don't understand what happened, unless Eddie did the player evals or they can't afford their Swaim subscription anymore. They just don't have the quality of players they used to. They've also lost some assistant coaches over the years.

If it were us, we'd be demanding a new coach. They are nothing if not loyal and I think that is part of this. But man, they are going to have to get lucky on some of these young guys they have. Sutton has done it before so I won't create a record saying they can't. Last time that happened we got four years of Caleb Green.

That's all a little cruel. They are in a bad spot, but deserve better than a lot of the other low majors they are lumped in with. I don't understand what happened, unless Eddie did the player evals or they can't afford their Swaim subscription anymore. They just don't have the quality of players they used to. They've also lost some assistant coaches over the years.

If it were us, we'd be demanding a new coach. They are nothing if not loyal and I think that is part of this. But man, they are going to have to get lucky on some of these young guys they have. Sutton has done it before so I won't create a record saying they can't. Last time that happened we got four years of Caleb Green.
There are some different issues facing ORU, some of it is budgetary as they simply don't have the same pool of money for recruiting or assistant coaches' salaries. The other part is the type of university it is. They can get most recruits admitted, but finding players who are able to live the lifestyle expected at ORU is more difficult and contrary to popular belief, ORU really doesn't look the other way. There are reasons why some of their better players the last 3-4 years have transferred out at weird times. It's certainly not for lack of playing time.

Scott Sutton's career has basically been made on the biggest miss in TU history. Somehow he is riding that train.

In addition to the obstacles that BLA cites, the decision to go back to the Summit seemed wrong to me at the time and still does. Traveling to the Dakotas as well as Indiana and Michigan can't be attractive to recruits or to coaches. The Mabee Center, once a jewel, now seems terribly worn and faded (and I only see it during the TU game). Scott has always impressed me with his coaching - he's certainly beat more talented TU teams, and the 3 game win streak over the Harrison-Woodward crew was impressive. Still, this year was rock bottom. My guess is he retires if Fuqua Jr. doesn't rescue the program.

Little Fuqua is pretty good, but isn't the shooter his dad was yet. I think he will struggle on defense and that's really their biggest issue. He's fast.

I see BLA defending the players above, but I know of some who didn't follow the code of conduct over there. I'm not impressed.

well this defense of Sutton thread obviously was posted before ORU fired him via twitter. That reminds me of the infamous Christmas Eve firing of Ken Hayes after he (shock!) lost twice in a row to TU. That was a long, long pre-Nolan time ago. I was there the night TU won and the ORU fans were not "happy campers" looking forward to Christmas.

Little Fuqua is pretty good, but isn't the shooter his dad was yet. I think he will struggle on defense and that's really their biggest issue. He's fast.

I see BLA defending the players above, but I know of some who didn't follow the code of conduct over there. I'm not impressed.
There are some but what program doesn't have their fair share of bad eggs that come in? The majority are actually good kids. I get to see them almost every day outside of the basketball realm.

From news reports quoted on the AAC board Tubby is making just over 3 million per year.
Call me shocked... He only made $1.6M at Texas Tech. Reported his first year at Memphis he was paid $2.6M, $2.8 next year and then $3.25M the last 3 years of his deal. Was the situation in Minnesota so bad that he took a pay cut of $600k to just be able to leave?

Call me shocked... He only made $1.6M at Texas Tech. Reported his first year at Memphis he was paid $2.6M, $2.8 next year and then $3.25M the last 3 years of his deal. Was the situation in Minnesota so bad that he took a pay cut of $600k to just be able to leave?
I think the Minnesota situation was like Haith and Misery - get out while the getting out is good, before the crowd with pitchforks breach the gates.

There are some different issues facing ORU, some of it is budgetary as they simply don't have the same pool of money for recruiting or assistant coaches' salaries. The other part is the type of university it is. They can get most recruits admitted, but finding players who are able to live the lifestyle expected at ORU is more difficult and contrary to popular belief, ORU really doesn't look the other way. There are reasons why some of their better players the last 3-4 years have transferred out at weird times. It's certainly not for lack of playing time.
TU_BLA...
ORU quit looking the other way after Ken Trickey left ORU. Before that it was anything goes...

TU_BLA...
ORU quit looking the other way after Ken Trickey left ORU. Before that it was anything goes...

Give me the $$ and wins. I could care less about a couple of dudes with tattoos that have sex with white women maybe smoke a bowl or two every now and then and hit the sauce from time to time. OH LORD! These guys bilk millions out of millionaires telling them their donations will cure them of cancer. They are a total travesty of an institution and a total sham of a so called religion.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT