ADVERTISEMENT

When the season started

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
We had a lot of Juniors to be starters who finished last season on a massive winning streak until the NCAA Tourney game with UCLA. A newly hired 1 Mill a year coach . Did anyone see a possible 12-6 league record 19-11 overall and almost all losses that were national telecasts embarrassing beatdowns? Will we be happy with a CBI home game if this continues?

Dude. We ran through SunBelt 2.0 last year. We've played a MUCH TOUGHER SCHEDULE this year. Did anyone think we'd start off in this conference 10-0 with wins over Temple, Memphis and UCONN? Give me a break.

Yes the guys laid an egg last night, but we have to accept who we are. We didn't bring the intensity like we have to bring every single game if we want to be competitive. The players know this.
This post was edited on 2/13 2:43 PM by TUPacer

Two rather annoying melting posts in a row libertychamp. Maybe u need to go into a room and scream for thirty minutes or so, before u consider posting again.

It's only two games. Back away from the ledge. NCAA or busy for me still. Anything less is a disappointment. Win out except for SMU and we should be fine....hopefully.

Next game against ECU is HUGE for confidence and changing the momentum around.

ECU is 0-8 on the road this year and all have been blowouts. If this game is close we are in trouble.

Our offense has been poor the last two games, but the two games prior to our 12 game win streak were atrocious too. This team will find their way again.

JUICE needs to drink more JUICE! 0 points is absolutely positively unacceptable!!!!

Okay folk's
Let's drink a few Hurricane's & relax

Last I checked we R 10-2
Tied for first place in the AAC
Remember last yr,,
TU was one of 4 schools, that tied for the regular season championship
& it took an end of season 8 game win streak 2 get there.
Next 3 games @ home
Sweep those, gives them Mojo for the last 3

& please save the constructive criticism of these young men
If u ever have played competitive sports, (AAC Big Step up from Conf USA)
It's tuff staying on top of the Mt.
Not every day are we on our "A" game, how can we expect them 2 B that way?
I think da' boys R resilient, tuff, & durable.
I think they'll get back 2 their aggressive inside game,
rebounding, & team ball distribution
What they need more than anything
Is our butts in those seats Cheering them on!

Go TU

Originally posted by GOB10:
JUICE needs to drink more JUICE! 0 points is absolutely positively unacceptable!!!!
I'm not sure that we are completely healthy right now. JW and SH aren't playing the same as they did a couple weeks ago.

This post was edited on 2/13 10:36 PM by rabidTU

I am worried because as well as we played early in the conference season, we are playing equally poorly now. We are capable of much better but concerned how out of sync we are and lacking confidence.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

By the title, I thought this thread was going to be all rainbows and butterflies. Basically, "at the start of season we thought we would struggle towards 20 wins and hope to get 5th in conference. Cheer up guys, we are doing better than we thought."

I was going to tell Mr happy go lucky to fly a kite.

Turns out it went the other way...

I have purposely stayed away from the boards since Thursday because of the ice cap melting posts. Disappointing what happened, sure. So bad that you're considering taking yourself and the new puppy on the Branch Davidian end times magic school bus ride? Seriously come off it. They lost A game. It's not like we paid Kentucky money for all the players and hired a bunch of Einstein's to take their SATs. That'd be SMU and their fans have the right to melt when they lose.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT