ADVERTISEMENT

What's next for BB?

aTUfan

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Apr 18, 2011
la la land
Could BB become an assistant coach at smu?
Both he and Chad Morris were assts here at the same time.

Only possible chance I see for bb to be at the college level is if a friend (Larry Coker type) hired him to be a TEs coach or something of that level of responsibility. Nothing more.

BB is too young to retire. Dont you think he will get job
as a college asst, or could he return to high school? t

IMO a major 6A school will hire him to be football coach and AD. I don't see him leaving OK. and his chances of coaching at the DI level are slim to none, maybe DII.

TX

BB will get another college job this year pretty easily. It will be about the terms of his buyout and how far out of the state he wants to relocate. The coaching circle is small and even the pricks get taken care of. look at Burns!

Burns was a successful DC before his Tulsa disaster. BB has only been a position coach and an unsuccessful college head coach. I think he could find a college job but it would be as a position coach. That's a pretty big step down from a D1 head job. I assume he waits for a good 6A job to open and then jumps on that. There's no doubt he's shown the ability to excel at the high school ranks.

Originally posted by aTUfan:
BB is too young to retire. Dont you think he will get job
as a college asst, or could he return to high school? t
Actually, he's not too young to retire. With 4 years at $700K and the buyout, he could well afford to travel or take it easy. He might be too young to want to retire though. Big high HC/AD. He might have an office and phone at TU and do alumni relations perhaps.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
Not likely.
Not likely because I don't see Blank wanting to leave Tulsa. He does have a good standing as a special teams coordinator, which Morris will need

He is a good coach and will get a job if he wants one. He said he would like to stay in the college ranks and he will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT