ADVERTISEMENT

We're winning. Post all your bitching here!

Goldie is relegated to riding in the back of a kiddie cart because she could never fulfill her duties such as tee retrieval, etc. They paraded her around the field pregame. She should be fired.

Goldie is relegated to riding in the back of a kiddie cart because she could never fulfill her duties such as tee retrieval, etc. They paraded her around the field pregame. She should be fired.
Here's the latest on Goldie: Goldie can do all that on-field stuff(retrieve tees,etc.) but since those 'keets started roosting in her fur, it brought out her maternal instincts and she is on strike for football duties to take care of her feathered "babies", although nursing is a bit of a problem. If they ever up & fly away, she will resume(start?) her on-field stuff.Maybe. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Goldie is still alive and well and riding in the golf cart before games.

Goldie is still alive and well and riding in the golf cart before games.

Sorry....I don't walk ten miles to the stadium from the parking spot it took me two hours to find then stand in concession lines for another hour just to discover they are out of water only to then walk into the stands and have to look at our god awful white socks to see our beloved Goldie riding around in a golf cart like some stuffed dog my two year old takes "night night".

I remember when I lived in Tulsa they would get the San Diego Chicken or Crazy George to come to the games and advertise it before and during the season. Those guys would get the crowd pumped up and get people in the stands. I know they are both now passé but surely they could do something similar now.

Sorry, I failed to fully grasp the point of this thread earlier.

The crazy cheer lady wasn't in the southwest corner like last game and so didn't have as much fun because of that. Fire the cheerleaders for not continuing what she had started

Sorry, I failed to fully grasp the point of this thread earlier.

The crazy cheer lady wasn't in the southwest corner like last game and so didn't have as much fun because of that. Fire the cheerleaders for not continuing what she had started

That's the spirit!

We'll probably win the conference championship so let's all talk about what's wrong instead of enjoying the ride.

I'm serious. Somebody needs to teach the cheerleaders how to lead the stands in this cheer. Fans can't do it on their own, because many people have never heard it done 'correctly'. Then don't change it up, make it a tradition. I'm betting none of our cheerleaders are even aware of this. Get big signs saying Golden and Hurricane for them to hold up, like they used to. Not rocket science.

If you know someone at TU that could get this rolling, would you please contact them?

I'm serious. Somebody needs to teach the cheerleaders how to lead the stands in this cheer. Fans can't do it on their own, because many people have never heard it done 'correctly'. Then don't change it up, make it a tradition. I'm betting none of our cheerleaders are even aware of this. Get big signs saying Golden and Hurricane for them to hold up, like they used to. Not rocket science.

If you know someone at TU that could get this rolling, would you please contact them?

What confuses me is they had signs and did the cheer when I was still a student (~7 years ago). They still have the same cheer coach now that they had then. So she has to be aware of the signs and this chant. I don't know why they've stopped doing it.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Oh, the same cheer coach is still there? Then no excuse. But we ought to get this going for the Cincinnati game.

Edit: cmullins, do you know the name of the cheer coach, or how to contact? Instead of griping, let me see what can be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: TulsaCane95
After today's debacle of officiating ineptitude, I would say American conference football officials belong at pinnacle of the bitching list.

Oh, the same cheer coach is still there? Then no excuse. But we ought to get this going for the Cincinnati game.

Edit: cmullins, do you know the name of the cheer coach, or how to contact? Instead of griping, let me see what can be done.

Contact Information
Amanda Snider - Head Coach
amanda-snider@utulsa.edu
Office: 918-631-3450
Mobile: 918-406-5654

As long as your cordial about it, in my experience she was friendly and open to suggestions at least while I was a student.

Awesome! Thank you for finding that. No worries, I'll be very nice about it.

It's like you are still going through puberty or at least your jokebook is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT