ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly blowout thread (Tulsa @ Houston)

Who predicted 14-14 midway thru the 3rd qtr.?

TU offense moving the ball well & yes, we caught a huge break on the no fumble call.

After our offense has an 8 minute drive to start the 2nd half & tie it up, we had all the momentum. So, our defense puts a quick stop to that, by giving up 82 yds in 4 plays in a minute & a half.

Woohooo!

Good use of Langer on that drive. Good trow and catch by Evans and Garrett.

Then stupid undisciplined penalty.

BUT! Making me eat the title of this thread!

Kill Kitty!

Originally posted by Barlass:
Well, that didn't last long.
That didn't either!

Why is the play calling & the execution looking like it came from somewhere else. on that last drive? Did BB have a bizarre lobotomy and figure out how to call plays, and why hasn't Dane used that run a few more times this season?

On the replay... the penalty was BS.

He put his hand up in the "shhhh" finger for maybe 1 second as he was running to his team mates. Yes, he was looking at the crowd when he did it, but weak sauce.

With proper coaching, Dane has the chance to be really, really good. With proper coaching ...

Kitty scores a touchdown (quickly), then runs to the stands and

INTERACTS WITH FANS.

By rule, that's an automatic unsportsmanlike penalty.

But Garrett holding up a finger was a penalty?

Stupid.

Houston's 2 TD drives in the 2nd half took 1:25 & 1:17. TU is dominating time of possession in the 2nd half!

The espn3 announcer that can't distinguish between someone's knee and the football is a UH homer.

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
He was clearly down on this one.

Who is this idiot announcer?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
ESPN3 is literally their JV team. Which is fine, how else do you train TV announcer teams?

But yeah, he dropped the ball on that one. Dropped it and then pretended to run into the end zone for a touchdown.

Screen to the right didn't work, lets try a screen to the left!

Well, that didn't work, lets try a 20 yard pass into double coverage down the middle that hasn't work all season...

Well darn.

Then, lets run a roll out play and throw into triple coverage.

That play had NO chance of success.

That is a bogus remark after this game, but I'm not even sure why I'm commenting on it. That was the first decent game we have played this season, win or lose.

Who in their right mind runs up the middle on 3rd & 2 with no timeouts? Oh. Wait. I forgot we don't have a real OC and our HC has ZERO killer instinct.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Have many interceptions do we have to endure? Wow...

Throws of 20+ yards to the middle of the field DO NOT WORK FOR US.

Don't we have a stat tracker that our play caller can look at?

Expected to lose. Thanks for the hope.

Lots of Tulsans take jobs and move to Houston. Maybe Bill will just stay?

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

That is a bogus remark after this game, but I'm not even sure why I'm commenting on it. That was the first decent game we have played this season, win or lose.
We still managed to do several mind numbingly stupid things to lose. I'm encouraged for the new coach though. We got some tools.

Give credit where it's due. This is the only time I would even consider talking about keeping BB for more than 10s. Play calling was much improved.

Note to staff... please keep track of stats.

Pass plays for any distance over the middle DO NOT WORK for this team. Every time we did it this game it was either intercepted, nearly intercepted, or incomplete. Just.... no. Just no.

Best game of the year. And still, but for a few replays that took back turnovers, we would have been blown out.

Best game of the year was a 10 point loss to a team hoping to end the year above 500. So yay.

If we had played like this, and called plays like this the entire season we would probably have won two or three more games. I don't think it is enough to save BB career, but it was a lot more valiant effort than we have seen all season long.

FWIW, the espn3 announcers complimented Denver Johnson's play calling during the game.

Were they serious, cause I had a feeling somebody different was calling plays. They misidentified Guy as coach BB during the game.

This post was edited on 11/22 5:28 PM by Gmoney4WW

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT