ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly blowout thread (Tulsa @ Houston)

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
I set up my computer to stream to my TV. I muted the idiot announcers and was working on syncing Bruce and Rick to the game... when the first big play hit. Before I synced the game Houston scores.

Isn't Houston's strength supposed to be there Defense?

38th play of 40+ yards against TU defense.

FWIW, it appears to be a ~45 second delay between radio and the ESPN 3 stream. Not that I'm going to finish tweaking it at this point..

Not many apparently at Pussy Stadium today.

Damn.

I'm so desperate for Tulsa to do well that any sign of life I get way too excited. A 10 play drive looked fine...

2nd and 5, we run Langer up the middle for a stuff and 2 yard gain. 3rd and 2 we run Langer up the middle and get stuffed. 4th and 1 we muff a pass play.

I'm not an offensive coordinator, but that play calling just seems weird. We were moving the ball with short passes and Evans scrambling when they were covered. Then we go to Langer pound it ball for typical small gains. When we are within 1 yard, we try a pass play - even though Langer was NOT stopped for less than 2 yards before.

Seems exactly the opposite of what common sense would dictate.

(Rick said something similar as I was typing this)

So Zach is running well, but when we get to 4th and 1 we throw an incomplete pass??!? I can't believe this coach.
This post was edited on 11/22 11:31 AM by Henry Kendall

I'm so glad to see the predictably bad play calling. Pass on first down, two runs for no gain, and a pass over the head of a receiver on 4th down.

Terminate him now. Go down to the sidelines and fire him. Hire Guido and put a horse head in his bed. The message needs to be sent that this incompetence is unacceptable.

I actually liked that call on 4th and 1. I just don't like our ability to execute it.

My 100-6 prediction could be correct.

This team gave up weeks ago.

Originally posted by jesterondirt:
I actually liked that call on 4th and 1. I just don't like our ability to execute it.
That's fair. But given that Langer had not been stopped under 1 yard, it would seem the safer call at that point.

Why not run a fake handoff and just have Dane run it off the end?

Bah! I'm so frustrated I'd probably complain no matter what at this point. But it, and, ummm... bah!

For those that can't get ESPN3 to work and aren't in range of KRMG...

Houston took the ball on another ~40 yard play, then down to the 7. Stacked up on the goal line. Went for it on 4th and 1 and score.

14-0

We are soooo close.
rolleye0003.r191677.gif

Another year or two for Coach Blankenship and things will be hunky-dory!
sick0006.r191677.gif

Man I hope TU get Lucas some help the next year or two. It's not even fair for that much talent to not be making a difference.

Ironic that kitty's stadium is named after a crooked lawyer.

Hell, OSU has a stadium named after a crooked businessman.

When in doubt... FALL ON THE DAMN BALL!

Horrible coaching. A Houston player is heads up and makes a play. Even if it was over turned, THE PLAY WAS NOT BLOWN DEAD.

Remember when Tulsa made plays like that? Johnson on the punt that was just sitting there. etc.

Play until the whistle.

Play was over turned. My points still stand.

Wow... undisciplined football... looks like no one cares... I feel bad for these kids, they deserve better

FFS!!!! A missed field goal. I love the announcers comment right before that field goal "Tulas was finally moving the ball well, but stalled out when they got close to the redzone."

A better play call sequence on the 1st series would have been, 2nd and 1 play action pass on a go route. 3rd run a zone read and designed roll out where Evans can throw or run. 4th down spread it out and see what you can get or be a smart coach and kick a FG to get on the board

Blankenship is our bizarro world play caller.

Damned autocorrect! ^

This post was edited on 11/22 12:46 PM by Gmoney4WW

Dane is having a pretty good game. 8-14 I think. Probably 2 bad throws for sure, but probably 4 drops. Lucas and Garrett seem to be regressing in regards to holding on to the ball. That drop by Garrett was worse than normal...

What gives? Give-a-crap-o-meter could easily drop during practice, but you'd think it remains high in game?

Good catch & run on quick throw wide to Louie. Louie & Lucas are only WRs that we should run that play through. Then Garrett drops 3rd down pass to end the drive. Defense forces 2nd Houston punt. Time for offense to complete a drive.

Ive been waiting for the fake Langer run all year!

TULSA TOUCHDOWN!

Garrett makes a big catch to redeem himself. Evans faked out Houston & the ESPN3 announcers & walks in untouched. 14-7

We're gonna jump one of those quick passes and take it back for 6 here soon.

I guess we were being ultra conservative there to preserve our 2 win season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT