ADVERTISEMENT

Week 16 rankings

URedskin54

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2005
Dropped 1 in CFP(24), Dropped 2 in AP(22), Dropped 5! in Coaches(25).

I'd love to know the thought process of someone who watched us lose to a top 10 team on a FG as time expired and came to the conclusion "ahh I guess Tulsa isn't quite as good as I thought they were."

Dropped 1 in CFP(24), Dropped 2 in AP(22), Dropped 5! in Coaches(25).

I'd love to know the thought process of someone who watched us lose to a top 10 team on a FG as time expired and came to the conclusion "ahh I guess Tulsa isn't quite as good as I thought they were."

That's cute you think most of the voters don't just look at the list and vote on names and records.

Too bad it isn't true. Thankfully in basketball it doesn't prevent you from winning a title like it will in football.

Reactions: URedskin54
Lol at Todd Graham ranking Notre Dame lower than any other coach. And putting Tulsa way down his list.

And note Malzahn ranking us below Army and NC State before parking us at 25.

Remind yourself of that when you think they want to come back.

The interesting thing is the number of people in the P5 who either had us in the mid teens and others who didn’t rate us at all. Including former Monty colleague Dino Babers who runs the same offense and didn’t rate his “friend” Montgomery at all.

Then there’s the Wyoming coach, whose butt is still red, that didn’t rate us but put Army at 19.

Shout out to Sonny Dykes who gave us 13. And Ken Niuirespectedu from Navy who has us at 11. And Ed Orgeron at 16. Thanks for nothing USF at 25.

Others who didn’t rank Tulsa and now you know who to root against during bowl season and I hope Rick uses as a short list to schedule OOC opponents:

Iowa State - Campbell
Georgia Tech - Collins
Miami - Diaz
UCRAP - Dimel
Northwestern - Fitzgerald
Penn State - Franklin
Liberty - Freeze
Northern Illinois - Hammock
USC - Helton
Kansas State - Kleimam
Army - Monken
Florida - Mullen
ULL - Napier
TCU - Patterson
Tennessee - Pruitt
Georgia - Smart
Oregon State - Smith
Clemson - Sweeney

Last edited:
You can really see some conference homers some worked for us (thanks Kenny N from Navy) others against us. You also see some out right personal bias (I won’t call it out but look closely and you will see what I mean). Kyle W at Utah had a very interesting ballot and didn’t seem as biased as many. He actually was more than fair to teams in the “non-P5” conference teams.

Lol at Todd Graham ranking Notre Dame lower than any other coach. And putting Tulsa way down his list.

The interesting thing is the number of people in the P5 who either had us in the mid teens and others who didn’t rate us at all. Including former Monty colleague Dino Babers who runs the same offense and didn’t rate his “friend” Montgomery at all.
I was typing at the same time and you called out some of the biases I was thinking of especially one in particular that may have ego involved.

Reactions: HuffyCane
You can really see some conference homers some worked for us (thanks Kenny N from Navy) others against us. You also see some out right personal bias (I won’t call it out but look closely and you will see what I mean). Kyle W at Utah had a very interesting ballot and didn’t seem as biased as many. He actually was more than fair to teams in the “non-P5” conference teams.

Which is more likely to explain former coaches who have been open about wanting to come back than some ill conceived notion of hate.

Especially given that it is usually some grad assitant voting who is told to make sure our conference looks good and understands how the votes are perception.

Then there’s the Wyoming coach, whose butt is still red, that didn’t rate us but put Army at 19.

Shout out to Sonny Dykes who gave us 13. And Ken Niuirespectedu from Navy who has us at 11. And Ed Orgeron at 16. Thanks for nothing USF at 25.

Others who didn’t rank Tulsa and now you know who to root against during bowl season and I hope Rick uses as a short list to schedule OOC opponents:

Iowa State - Campbell
Georgia Tech - Collins
Miami - Diaz
UCRAP - Dimel
Northwestern - Fitzgerald
Penn State - Franklin
Liberty - Freeze
Northern Illinois - Hammock
USC - Helton
Kansas State - Kleimam
Army - Monken
Florida - Mullen
ULL - Napier
TCU - Patterson
Tennessee - Pruitt
Georgia - Smart
Oregon State - Smith
Clemson - Sweeney
Found it interesting that Chadwell had it in his personal interest(for his team/conference) to rank us lower. He showed a little class and went against that, voted us at 18. Yes he voted CC & UL very high, but he pretty much knew that would be evened out by other voters. He had no absolute assurances that other voters would guarantee us lower. I would have understood it if he voted us lower.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT