ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccination progress - who's been shot?

04Watu

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Jan 15, 2021
Over the past two weeks I've heard from more and more people around the country (Colorado, Florida, Washington, Arizona) that they have already received a first vaccination shot. They were all over 65, but none were front line medical staff. Some said they got in via computer glitches with online scheduling (the qualification screens weren't up yet) and found that if they showed up at the end of the day at a vaccination site they might get the 'left overs' from the no shows, because the vaccine had been defrosted and would otherwise be thrown away. What's the deal where you are?

All my over 65 family members in the Tulsa area have received their first dose.

Reactions: 04Watu
All my over 65 family members in the Tulsa area have received their first dose.
Where, I am 74 and have not heard from my primary doctor or much of anyone. That's not completely true, the VA on Facebook says that they will be calling people but my regular doctor has not. But I would take first offer.

Last edited:
Where, I am 74 and have not heard from my primary doctor or much of anyone. That's not completely true, the VA on Facebook says that they will be calling people but my regular doctor has not. But I would take first offer.
Up here we went to that state DOH website which ID'd the vaccination sites and we then enrolled online. I checked several places and picked one early next week (assuming they still have stock). The rollout is run by individual states.

Every state is different. In OK one pretty sure way of getting vaccine if you are 65 or older is to jump on the vaccinate.okahoma.gov website Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning - right after they load their appointments for the following week. You may have to drive for a while - my parents went to Cushing from Tulsa - but it is possible to get an appointment.

Reactions: TUMe and 04Watu
My dad got the shot thanks to a friend that got onto the system before the website went online. My in-laws are supposed to get it soon.

I’m well away from getting it. Some judges and prosecutor/ public defenders have had it. I keep getting sent to Court. Tulsa opened last week and hasn’t been so bad thus far, but juries are supposed to be back soon. That will be a :crap:e show.

We need to be doing this a lot faster. It should be the only thing. If I was called for jury duty, I would object that I haven’t been given the vaccine and you can’t make me do this without it. Hell, I’d represent that juror pro Bono. And win.

My dad got the shot thanks to a friend that got onto the system before the website went online. My in-laws are supposed to get it soon.

I’m well away from getting it. Some judges and prosecutor/ public defenders have had it. I keep getting sent to Court. Tulsa opened last week and hasn’t been so bad thus far, but juries are supposed to be back soon. That will be a :crap:e show.

We need to be doing this a lot faster. It should be the only thing. If I was called for jury duty, I would object that I haven’t been given the vaccine and you can’t make me do this without it. Hell, I’d represent that juror pro Bono. And win.
The more creative argument is the appeal by a 25 year old black man from guilty because the panel was not a jury of your peers because they were all over 65 because that’s all they could get who had been vaccinated.

Florida seems to be doing it right. Pushing doses to the tourist counties and not requiring proof of residency or age to get it. People are flying there from all over the world. I’d bet more people with homes in Ohio have gotten it in FL than OH.

Got my first last Wednesday, felt low grade fever for 6 hours after, then my shot arm was very sore the entire next day.

I'm in phase 2 but haven't been contacted about setting up an appointment yet. I did fill out the OK Covid questionnaire. My mom, who's 68 and works at a pulmologist's office in MA got her first dose last week.

The more creative argument is the appeal by a 25 year old black man from guilty because the panel was not a jury of your peers because they were all over 65 because that’s all they could get who had been vaccinated.

Florida seems to be doing it right. Pushing doses to the tourist counties and not requiring proof of residency or age to get it. People are flying there from all over the world. I’d bet more people with homes in Ohio have gotten it in FL than OH.

That case would be behind all the McGirt cases. I listened to a CLE on that last night. OMG. The federal government is not set up for this crap. If anything, it increased its presence and power and eastern Oklahoma. You now have juveniles in the federal system and tribal court. Prior to McGirt, the juveniles in the federal system were in the teens and tribal court stayed out of the way.

One interesting twist. One of the US attorneys working on these cases is going to be Clarence Thomas’ clerk soon. Thomas was one of the few voices who really understood how messed up McGirt was going to be. I have near absolute contempt for him and his MAGA wife, but there’s a glimmer of hope for Eastern Oklahoma that a lot of people would have no clue about. And this US attorney is sharp.

As of yesterday there were vaccinations available in Oklahoma for Phase 2 qualified. You may have to drive an hour or so but they were out there. My wife booked her dad’s via the website yesterday. Shot today but he did have quite the drive. (Guthrie)

Last edited:
As of yesterday there were vaccinations available in Oklahoma for Phase 2 qualified. You may have to drive an hour or so but they were out there. My wife booked her dad’s via the website yesterday. Shot today but he did have quite the drive. (Guthrie)
Once you register on the vaccine.ok.gov site, it says you will receive an email and link to schedule an appointment. Haven't gotten that yet...but we're also hearing that OK does not have the number of doses it was promised (there are a lot of areas around the country experiencing this as well).

I enrolled my mom and have been told she can get it, but I can not find a site that has an appointment time available.

Once you register on the vaccine.ok.gov site, it says you will receive an email and link to schedule an appointment. Haven't gotten that yet...but we're also hearing that OK does not have the number of doses it was promised (there are a lot of areas around the country experiencing this as well).
If you are 65, do not wait for the confirmation email.

I enrolled and was accept but as of this morning I could find nothing but phase 2 and I do not have phase 1. I will follow Drboobays advice tonight and/or tomorrow.

If there are spots for second vaccinations you can call and see if they will give you that spot for a first vaccination. Those spots haven’t been filling up. Just FYI.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and TUMe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT