ADVERTISEMENT

Ucf is favored 56.9 % to beat Cincy at ucf

Next week do we need Cincy to lose that game
It looks like if we beat Tulane we would guarantee getting into championship game as we Hold the tie breaker over ucf and Smu with 2 losses if we lose to Houston and Cincy is that correct?

It looks like if we beat Tulane we would guarantee getting into championship game as we Hold the tie breaker over ucf and Smu with 2 losses if we lose to Houston and Cincy is that correct?
We need Houston to lose one more time. Same goes for Memphis. Not sure how not playing Navy will effect us as well...

We need Houston to lose one more time. Same goes for Memphis. Not sure how not playing Navy will effect us as well...
Like that would be a problem with Houston. They(Houston) book end our game at Houston with road games @ SMU & Memphis. There's no way they don't come out of that three game stretch without a loss. Memphis has a little bit easier road with @Tulane, and Houston.

They really need to find a way to at least reschedule Navy's game with us or Memphis. As scheduled right now, every team would have 8 conference games except us & memphis(7 ea) and Navy who only has 6 scheduled. I think if they found a way to delay the championship and schedule Memphis or us w/ Navy, they could find some equitable way to determine the championship regardless. Best case scenario would be for us to beat Tulane & Houston, which would eliminate the need to reschedule any games with Navy.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that even if we don’t have the same number of wins but have equal losses to another team that we beat we have the tie breaker for the Championship Game. We just have to hope we don’t end up in a three way tie breaker and we didn’t play one of the those other teams.

I read somewhere that even if we don’t have the same number of wins but have equal losses to another team that we beat we have the tie breaker for the Championship Game. We just have to hope we don’t end up in a three way tie breaker and we didn’t play one of the those other teams.
That's why Navy needs to play us or Memphis. Less chances of that happening.(no tie breaker head to head) Have a feeling the league will leave that one reschedule to the last, just in case.

The league needs Cincy to stay undefeated. We need to take care of business and also win out. Play cincy in the championship game and let the chips fall where they may. If we take care of our business then Cincy is not a problem.

If we split with Cincy, and won the championship game, I'd take that arrangement. Very possible we'd split, if playing them twice.

If we split with Cincy, and won the championship game, I'd take that arrangement. Very possible we'd split, if playing them twice.
The problem with that scenario is if we lose to Cincinnati in the last game of the season the championship game would be in Cincinnati and I don’t like our chances there. Our best bet for a title is to have the championship game at home.

The problem with that scenario is if we lose to Cincinnati in the last game of the season the championship game would be in Cincinnati and I don’t like our chances there. Our best bet for a title is to have the championship game at home.
True, cept we beat UCF on the road w/ covid dehanced fans. Would suck if we beat them here, and lost the conference championship. Don't feel too good bout hoping for two wins in a row gainst Cincy. I figure if we played them close here, we would have them figured out enough to not start out slow in Cincy, and pull out a win.

I’m for Memphis losing out and Tulsa and UCF winning out. UCF at Tulsa for the marbles.

I prefer us and Cincinnati being undefeated. If we beat them twice great we should get NY6 (assuming other schools in other conferences lose). If we lose twice more money and recognition for the conference. If we split then probably still nice recognition, ranking and good bowl game but no NY6 bowl for either team. I think the AAC has distanced from the other non P5’s. Truth be told we are probably close to all of them except the SEC and maybe B10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT