ADVERTISEMENT

UCF @ ECU

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Crazy game.

ECU gets trounced in thee quarters. Most fans bail. UCF up big going into the 4th.

ECU offense starts clicking. Defense gets some stops. ECU claws their way back on top and knocks UCFs starting qb out. ECU on top and gets the ball back with 1:30.

Goes into the Victory formation. But UCF has a time out, ECU cannot run out the clock. ECU gives up 20 yards on crappy clock burning plays. UCF gets the ball back, needs 65 yards and a TD. No time outs.

15 yard pass and out of bounds.

5 second left. 50 yard heave with a backup qb. The ball falls short, on the 2 yard line. 2 ECU defenders swat at it, miss, and it lands in the hands of a UCF receiver for the win.

Crazy.

Very poor coaching job by Ruffin McNeil at the end of the game. If ECU hands the ball off in the middle of the line and doesn't lose that yardage then that ball is never thrown in the end zone.

Crazy, crazy, crazy. So who wins the tie-breaker, Memphis or UCF? I'm hoping Memphis, just cuz they haven't been there in a while, and I'm happy for Justin Fuente.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

Crazy, crazy, crazy. So who wins the tie-breaker, Memphis or UCF? I'm hoping Memphis, just cuz they haven't been there in a while, and I'm happy for Justin Fuente.
UCF and Memphis are co-champs since they do not play each other this year and end the season with the same record. Cinci can also take a share of the championship if they beat Houston

Originally posted by JesseTU:

5 second left. 50 yard heave with a backup qb. The ball falls short, on the 2 yard line. 2 ECU defenders swat at it, miss, and it lands in the hands of a UCF receiver for the win.

Crazy.
Sounds like a certain Tulsa/ECU game in Tulsa a few years back.

I forgot Cincinnati hasn't played yet, but I thought there was a tie-breaker to determine who wins the conference and thus who goes to the Liberty Bowl?

I don't know that I'd call what the ECU DBs did swatting.

I don't really know what they were doing, really. Terrible defense.

There's a photo going around twitter of one of them starting to unsnap his helmet while the ball is still IN THE AIR.

Originally posted by Gmoney4WW:

I forgot Cincinnati hasn't played yet, but I thought there was a tie-breaker to determine who wins the conference and thus who goes to the Liberty Bowl?
There may be a tie breaker to determine who goes to the Liberty Bowl, but per the official AAC twitter there are not any tiebreaker rules for who wins the conference this year so they will all be co-champions.

ECU Offensive Coordinator Lincoln Riley got cheaper after last night. Make a first down and the game would have been over.

EDIT: To be fair it was probably the HC choice to start taking a knee, but there is no rule requiring you to be fair on a sports board.

This post was edited on 12/5 12:36 PM by TUMe

Originally posted by TUMe:

ECU Offensive Coordinator Lincoln Riley got cheaper after last night. Make a first down and the game would have been over.
Wasn't sold on him, especially after watching the ECU game against TU. They seemed to be very 1 dimensional (Carden to Hardy) most of the night. And we seemed to put plenty of pressure on Carden that game as well forcing him to step up a lot. Personally I didn't see the line adjustments for ECU that I would have liked to have seen. Sort of like Malzahn and Hand knew what needed to happen in certain looks to be effective. That's just my thoughts.

I am liking the Doug Meachum possibility. Spavital has a bright future but he might need a few more years of season before handing the reins to him.

I'm not excited about the Lincoln Riley name at all.

I'm not so sure athletes like Hardy need great play calling to make great plays against their competition...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

#4 offense does impress me though. Not to mention the 70 pts and 800 yards they put on North Carolina, and 500 yards on VA Tech. Maybe not the top candidate but I think Evans and our receivers could really light it up with him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT