ADVERTISEMENT

UAPB Game Thread

Differences between this coaching staff and previous staff:

1) Not only did we remove the injured QB but we’re now giving the 3rd string QB some snaps And we let him pass.

2) Only one unsportsmanlike and that was a weak one and Wilson talked to him about it afterwards.

3) Not nearly as much trash talk as previous seasons.

Differences between this coaching staff and previous staff:

1) Not only did we remove the injured QB but we’re now giving the 3rd string QB some snaps And we let him pass.

2) Only one unsportsmanlike and that was a weak one and Wilson talked to him about it afterwards.

3) Not nearly as much trash talk as previous seasons.
No late hits that I can recall. We did that a lot last year. We had 1 face mask penalty on a block on a punt return. It happens. I don't recall any false starts on the OL, no offsides on the D. Outside of the opening quarter turnovers we've actually played a really clean game.

Reactions: TU 1978
worrisome 1st Q. Braxton was injured before the game or just didn't see the field well at all. Cardell threw a nice ball but arm strength looked a little average as far as zip on the ball. Stacked running back room, some useful TEs and solid WRs without drops. Defense decently solid but 2ndary might not hold up against a good QB. Front 7 look pretty good.

No late hits that I can recall. We did that a lot last year. We had 1 face mask penalty on a block on a punt return. It happens. I don't recall any false starts on the OL, no offsides on the D. Outside of the opening quarter turnovers we've actually played a really clean game.
No real escapades with Hall.

worrisome 1st Q. Braxton was injured before the game or just didn't see the field well at all. Cardell threw a nice ball but arm strength looked a little average as far as zip on the ball. Stacked running back room, some useful TEs and solid WRs without drops. Defense decently solid but 2ndary might not hold up against a good QB. Front 7 look pretty good.
Like us for the season, but not feeling confident about next week.

Reactions: maverickfp
That is a TU win!!!! Glad to see extra QB's in the game. I just hope the staff cleans this stuff up. Secondary doesnt look good at all. Curious at the extent of the Injury to Braxton.

Hopefully we're within 2 scores at UW and put up at least 21 and should be ok. I see 3-5 losses this year and happy to be rid of Monty. I like Wilson.

That is a TU win!!!! Glad to see extra QB's in the game. I just hope the staff cleans this stuff up. Secondary doesnt look good at all. Curious at the extent of the Injury to Braxton.
In the post game Wilson said he didn’t think it was too bad. I’m excited that he put in the backup and let him have at it instead of having the starter limp out there. There will be hiccups but he’s a head coach.

Just got back from the game. I’m not giving up on Braxton after the end of the year he had last year. However, Williams was a DUDE. IF Braxton can’t come back 100% they should just let Williams start against Washington and OU so Braxton could be ready for conference play.

Last edited:
Sounded like it was a sprain

Nah...
I like my system
Your football knowledge is immense, but positivity is your number one strength.
Tulsa University is so lucky to have you as a "fan" . I know they can count on your
generous donation every season . Its too bad Coach Wilson can't have a conversation
with you in person , but that would require you to have a nutsack .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT