ADVERTISEMENT

UALR Thread

Their best three point shooter was just left wide open. Their crowd was already screaming as soon as he touched it. Nothing but net. Ray trying to bring us back himself. Need that full court D that we showed earlier.

Our starting lineup needs to be pulled wholesale like in the first half. The first team ain't getting it done.

Both teams equal but ULAR can shoot and we cant. Not sure why we can't find players that can hit baskets

We aren't aware of the shot clock on D. We let #3 take shot at 1 or 2 seconds left.

Ray back in the game. Good. They got a switch so Swannegan was guarding #3 and he didn't follow out to 25 feet. UALR is good and confident.

We have been nothing but frustrating to watch since the WSU game. This is the 4th game in a row that we are overall painful to watch.

Reactions: Tulsa76
Bad loss here. I realize UALR is undefeated right now, but they aren't going to win the Sun Belt. If we are supposed to be competing for AAC championships we shouldn't be losing to teams like UALR. This is so very frustrating after how well we played vs. WSU.

Free throws will continue to lose us games. Pretty sad considering how bad we were last year and have not improved.

It's all mental.

Having played basketball, it makes no sense how many times our players have missed 2 free throws on the same trip unless you simply have way too much going on in your head.

Realistically we should be 3-3 with a loss to Ohio.

Oh well.

I was all excited and got my dreams crushed.

UALR is a good team. Not a bad loss but still depressing.

It is hard to stay excited after this sort of loss. We are falling short in the same areas as last year which is the biggest downer.

Sounds exactly like the football season.
That's true, although, at least we can say Keevan getting injured is a reason for the football team to look a little less impressive. With basketball, it's just the same thing as every year. Can't make free throws, terrible stretches of cold shooting, and poorly timed turnovers. Can't blame it on inexperience anymore. We need more pure shooters

It is hard to stay excited after this sort of loss. We are falling short in the same areas as last year which is the biggest downer.
Excitement gone for me. i think we better put taplin in instead of ray and let him grow. He has a nice stroke but needs confidence. Looks like best pure shot on the team except for Woodard. Curtis, ray, Birt , Harrison and smitty have awkward looking shots even when they connect. They will always be inconsistent

Curtis, ray, Birt , Harrison and smitty have awkward looking shots even when they connect. They will always be inconsistent

Sad but true. A lot of clanging bricks today.

This team has a lot of athleticism to rise above their deficiencies but as most are seniors, will they lose their desire to fight until its over? Frustration is being felt by all including fans. Win these next few games and 2 loses won't look so bad.

Tulsa is undersized around the basket, not a consistently good shooting team and must have some of the worst free-throw shooters in the country. Some of these players just throw up a knuckle ball at the free throw line with absolutely no rotation on the ball. Haith and his staff had the opportunity to recruit a "Big" for this team , but didn't get the job accomplished.

Reactions: dvctulsa
TU let an inferior coach and team beat them yesterday. If our players and coaches are ok with that, it's going to be a long mediocre season.

Hopefully, it's a wake up call.

Last edited:
Not so fast....
That team beat us with better coaching and as good if not better talent. I saw Tulsa lose to a BETTER team yesterday. Very depressing.

Bad loss here. I realize UALR is undefeated right now, but they aren't going to win the Sun Belt. If we are supposed to be competing for AAC championships we shouldn't be losing to teams like UALR. This is so very frustrating after how well we played vs. WSU.
The UALR game will not be a bad loss as far as RPI and NCAA tourney. A bad loss is when you lose to a 200+RPI team.

I get the sentiment cmullinsTU.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT