ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs Tulane

I know it was his first drive, but those wanting boomer in instead of smith can suck it. Such a huge difference in arm strength and in this wind, you need that strength

[QUOTE="URedskin54, post: 311997, member: 452"]
Wouldn't go that far. I'd still have us as the favorite and Boomer can play a little, but you're right Smith is our best passer by a pretty wide margin.
[/QUOTE]
Throws are late, Boomer doesn’t have the same zip and our OL can’t hold blocks long enough for Boomer to find an open WR. Tulane DBs seem better equipped to cover us man to man too so we have no one open. Monty needs to switch it up and run some jail break screens, but he’s not smart enough to throw in a play not in his original ten plays for the game.

Reactions: maverickfp
I suspect Brin will see some game time of Boomer struggles.

My kingdom for some offense!*

*Poster may not actually have a kingdom, and what little he does have is not actually offered as his wife wouldn't let him

Last edited:
Reactions: maverickfp
well, boomer way more mobile and willing to run for a first down. maybe 2nd series will be better.

FIRE MONTY! His complete incompetence in managing a game is dumbfounding. This might be acceptable in year 1, but year 6 and we still have the same ridiculous gaffes in clock management.

as one of smith's harshest critics, it is clear his arm is the strongest on the team for sure. accuracy is an issue for both and boomer's much more nimble/quicker. boomer looks like he could run more read options, throw quick screens, RB screens, slants and crossers. MOnty can't change his game plan, so none of that will happen. but i think boomer is someone you could work with if we had a decent OC.

Haven’t seen much of Brin, but my guess is the gap between he and Boomer is as big as the gap between Boomer and Smith

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Protect the ball in the second half and try to grind it out.

What do you know, 3 penalties for 25 yards and only one turnover and we aren't crazy behind to start a game.

Also Boomer has that die hard attitude, kid is a winner. Hopefully Smith is alright.

i do love boomers abililty to get outside the pocket and at least make something happen. rarely saw that with zach. now we turn it over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT