ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs SMU game thread

I have been on this board as TulsaAM since the AZ days in the mid '90s... I have seen many people use it as therapy and I am glad that tradition continues today...

There are a few who have kept healthy mental states on here the last couple decades just because of that feature.

And Gold/LEC clowning around on someone is always good for a smile.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
I was here before you got here Slugger, and I’ll be here long after you’re gone. Act like a Tulsa fan.
Oh act like a Tulsa Fan? Ok...
Wow down 10 after the first 4 minutes.. Season over.. Fire Haith! Fire Monty! Get rid of the football program! Get rid of the University itself! Never donating again!! Pathetic pathetic and pathetic!!

That enough Tulsa Fan for you??

We actually scored as many field goals as they did. The difference came down to three pointers and free throws.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Oh act like a Tulsa Fan? Ok...
Wow down 10 after the first 4 minutes.. Season over.. Fire Haith! Fire Monty! Get rid of the football program! Get rid of the University itself! Never donating again!! Pathetic pathetic and pathetic!!

That enough Tulsa Fan for you??

This one is pretty easy to rile up.

You ever actually been to a game, Champ?

Yep, unless we have major roster turnover that somehow leads to upgrades we will be sub 0.500 and may be last in conference next year.

Actually I think you will see Jackson (a true plus athlete) replace Jeffries for the athletic side of the game.

I expect we will see a starting line up of Igbanu, Horne, Korita, Scott, and Joiner. Jackson will come off the bench for any of the three guards. Falokun will be the big man sub, and will let us go athletic with Jackson and him on the floor.

We need outside shooting. Which Jackson needs to add to his game to become a bigger version of Dante Swanson. We need Scott to become a consistent scorer and not disappear.

We need another post to give us 15 or so minutes grab rebounds, protect t the rim. We need another guard to step up, preferably a strong ball handler who can make open shots.

Finally we have to become physically and mentally tougher. Korita talked about work and effort and the need to have more in the post game interview. I like that attitude.

Major roster change. If joiner , Korita, and scoot are the guards we have huge problems.
Keep looking out what happens with the Putnam north guard. Rod is his AAU coach

Joiner, Korita, Igbanu, Scott, Horne, Hill, Jackson, Christopoulos, Jones .. I don't see anyone else being huge contributors. No effective height or shot blocking ability.

Reactions: HuffyCane
I.I. -- Is Christopoulos a scholly player or a walkon?

I thought he was a walkon, but I don't know.

Joiner, Korita, Igbanu, Scott, Horne, Hill, Jackson, Christopoulos, Jones .. I don't see anyone else being huge contributors. No effective height or shot blocking ability.

I amend my previous statement.

We need 2 post players, Cincinnati types, rebound and return to sender defenders. No need for much offensive skill. Put backs for 6-8 a game will do.

Actually I think you will see Jackson (a true plus athlete) replace Jeffries for the athletic side of the game.

I expect we will see a starting line up of Igbanu, Horne, Korita, Scott, and Joiner. Jackson will come off the bench for any of the three guards. Falokun will be the big man sub, and will let us go athletic with Jackson and him on the floor.

We need outside shooting. Which Jackson needs to add to his game to become a bigger version of Dante Swanson. We need Scott to become a consistent scorer and not disappear.

We need another post to give us 15 or so minutes grab rebounds, protect t the rim. We need another guard to step up, preferably a strong ball handler who can make open shots.

Finally we have to become physically and mentally tougher. Korita talked about work and effort and the need to have more in the post game interview. I like that attitude.
That’s way too many needs to address in 1 off season. Haith couldn’t address all that in the 5 years he was here let alone 1 off season. I’m hoping he’s gone but whoever the next guy is, he has his work cut out for him in recruiting. Expecting another disappointing season.

Reactions: eastcane
He’s a walk on.

No he is not a walk on......He had to sit out due to NCAA rules this year. If he was a walk on you would have seen him in the mop up games.. I rather like him as he was super in pre-season. I would not hesitate to have him as a back-up point guard to Isaiah Hill as he has good fundamentals and Euro skills.

Can’t believe the nursing home let’s you surf the web at this late hour. You are a trooper soldier!

Good one Chief. I’ve been accused of posting from the penitentiary before but never a nursing home.

You’re clever.

I know it’s never a good idea to feed the troll, but this one is just too easy.

That’s way too many needs to address in 1 off season. Haith couldn’t address all that in the 5 years he was here let alone 1 off season. I’m hoping he’s gone but whoever the next guy is, he has his work cut out for him in recruiting. Expecting another disappointing season.

We aren't talent deficient we wouldn't have beat Kansas St, or several other teams if that was the case. We have shortcomings which is true of every team.

The biggest issue is toughness. At least five games this year swung because players weren't mentally or physically strong in crunch time.

That is on Haith though.

based on the past several games -
inconsistent to nonexistent outside shooting
nonexistent in the lane or mid range shooting
sloppy ball handing and turnovers
nonexistent offensive rebounding (but give Korita credit tonight)

Bottom line: This team doesn't shoot well enough to win. That is, sadly, on Tap in particular although I realize he lost his outside shot after his ankle injury.

I don't see an improvement next year.

Weirdly, my preseason prediction was near perfect, 19-14 but finished 18-13.

Next year, depending on the schedule, I'm likely to flip that prediction to 14-18.

And as a HATE ON SMOO, if there is such a thing as a Pony fan watching - you have a LOSING RECORD and you had ONE kinda nice win @ Georgetown.

FU. CK it. I’m done with this negative site. You all ban/ignore everyone that’s negative, when all you old FU CKS are negative every possession. So ban me forever please cause I can’t stand you “Real Tulsa Fans”. FU CK you all. BYE
He’ll be back because he is a master of the English vernacular.

No he is not a walk on......He had to sit out due to NCAA rules this year. If he was a walk on you would have seen him in the mop up games.. I rather like him as he was super in pre-season. I would not hesitate to have him as a back-up point guard to Isaiah Hill as he has good fundamentals and Euro skills.
For some reason he is not eligible to play this year but that does not signify that he is a scholarship player. Before Moore left the team we had 13 scholarship players + walk on Christopolous. He might have taken Moore's scholarship, but before Moore left he was a walk on. @Chris Harmon to explain what the player eligibility issue was that was not related to a scholarship.

I could swear he was listed as a walk on before the season began so after seeing II’s post I pulled up the roster and counted and sure enough with Moore we had 13 scholarship players not including Foree, Deline, and Christopolos.

When is the news conference?

Usually there is a meeting on Monday to discuss our successful season ( or unsuccessful as in the last three). Decisions will be made at that time.

Usually there is a meeting on Monday to discuss our successful season ( or unsuccessful as in the last three). Decisions will be made at that time.
I would be pleasantly surprised if there was a move made.... I don't know whether TU has the ability to make a move right now.

For some reason he is not eligible to play this year but that does not signify that he is a scholarship player. Before Moore left the team we had 13 scholarship players + walk on Christopolous. He might have taken Moore's scholarship, but before Moore left he was a walk on. @Chris Harmon to explain what the player eligibility issue was that was not related to a scholarship.

He was not allowed to play this year. Not even walk on minutes. I don’t know how he is paying for school. Maybe he has a rowing scholarship. I hear that is a way to get into school now.
I haven't really looked into it, but it could have to do with his time on the Greek National Team. I'll get a better answer for you guys at some point, but I'm trying to get some spring football stuff put together before I leave tomorrow morning for spring break with the family. :smiley:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT