ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs Arkansas state predictions

ASU should be 0-1 if not for inept officiating.

TU 42
ASU 17

This game is probably going to be similar to the Northern Illinois game from last season that we ended up winning by 8.

Coincidently, NIU beat Arkansas State in a bowl game last year.
Nice and correct use of coincidentally vs Ironically...

Anyone could beat us if we don’t play well. I like our offense to be productive against ASU. We need to not make stupid mistakes. Special teams must be consistent. Defense has to keep the athletic QB in check and not let him run wild. I expect a TU win.

Let’s take another review of their fan board for lols. Here are some highlights:

“…we blow them out…”

“As far as Tulsa they are not as good as UCA, and you were a lot better than the score shows”

“Tulsa is not good. Have no indication of being better than UCA”

“I went to their fan board and they seem to think they will win. Foolish.”

All this after they came within a sperm width of losing to an fcs team… which it turns out, according to their own conference, that their last second td shouldn’t have counted. So it’s 50/50 on whether they would have scored with 3 seconds left… maybe they do, maybe they don’t…

Then to say UCA is better than Tulsa? LOL. UCA was a mediocre fcs team who went 7-4 last year. That’s cool at that level, but 7-4 in fcs probably won’t translate to many fbs wins… except the one that was stolen from them ons Saturday by an incompetent officiating crew.

Now I’m not saying we’ll walk in there and do what we did to Northwestern state last Thursday but, after watching the ark state game on Saturday, we should win this game if we play well.
To be fair, there are several on there predicting they lose to us too.

I never thought that Ark St was a peer. How low have we sunk?
Ark State probably does consider us as a peer but the feeling isn't mutual. From their perspective, the all-time series is tied and we do give them a Home-Home series on occasion.

One thing we haven't done is reschedule the canceled Covid game at their place. We rescheduled both of our home games from that season (NW LA and Toledo) but I doubt that Ark State will get a makeup game from us.

To be fair, there are several on there predicting they lose to us too.
Yes there are a couple that picked us to win.

There’s one guy who’s hell-bent on sticking to his guns that central ark is better than Tulsa (and several other teams in the sunbelt)… just not the mindset I’d have if we’d just lost (or damn near) to an fcs team. When we lost to an fcs several years ago, I wasn’t sure we’d win another game all year.

Yes there are a couple that picked us to win.

There’s one guy who’s hell-bent on sticking to his guns that central ark is better than Tulsa (and several other teams in the sunbelt)… just not the mindset I’d have if we’d just lost (or damn near) to an fcs team. When we lost to an fcs several years ago, I wasn’t sure we’d win another game all year.
Not that it matters and we should have won easily, but wasn't that the game we had like 18 guys suspended because of the brawl?

if they are favored, then someone thinks they are better than us.
We haven't been good in a few years now so of course we won't have respect of the bookies. This line literally means nothing to me...and I don't believe the bookies know who Kirk Francis is or how good he is. You're just arguing to argue.

Reactions: drboobay
We haven't been good in a few years now so of course we won't have respect of the bookies. This line literally means nothing to me...and I don't believe the bookies know who Kirk Francis is or how good he is. You're just arguing to argue.
I agree.

The sports books DO scout games though. I know because my nephew collected stats for them last year at TU.

I hope you are right

I agree.

The sports books DO scout games though. I know because my nephew collected stats for them last year at TU.
I think all they looked at is preseason predictions for each of us in our conference and that we both beat our lower ranked opponents in week 1 (doubt they look at the games deeper)...so status quo as far as they're concerned.

if they are favored, then someone thinks they are better than us.
That still doesn't make them a peer. We are of much higher stature then them. Yes they might put out a better team here and there but that does not make them peers. They don't have equal money to us, they don't have equal recruits.

That still doesn't make them a peer. We are of much higher stature then them. Yes they might put out a better team here and there but that does not make them peers. They don't have equal money to us, they don't have equal recruits.
I don't believe they have a better team this year either, and Saturday will prove it

Tulsa should beat Arkansas State. We have a much better program. Historically, we have not owned ASU, like we should. The series is tied 3-3. We are 0-2 in Jonesboro. That, along with our poor record the last couple years is why ASU fans think they should win. We need to earn respect.

I’m hoping last week’s game shows we are back to playing Tulsa football. TU 35 ASU 24

Reactions: alchemy
Playing its first two outings of the season at Centennial Bank Stadium, A-State will be back in action Sept. 7 for its Paint the Stadium Red game against American Athletic Conference member Tulsa at 6:00 p.m. Fans are asked to where red for the contest, which will conclude the Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce's traditional Paint the Town Red week.

Apparently no English majors at A-State...

But I thought Montgomery was a quarterback guru?
What made you think that? I think we all knew he wasn't that guy the second we saw President take a snap from behind center. And how he actually didn't trust Dane Evans his 1st year starting and we had to wait until his SR season before the play book opened up a bit and the ball went all over the place. Then immediately after that we had a strong of QBs who may have struggled to tie their shoes properly if they were part of the playbook because the instructions were confusing.

Playing its first two outings of the season at Centennial Bank Stadium, A-State will be back in action Sept. 7 for its Paint the Stadium Red game against American Athletic Conference member Tulsa at 6:00 p.m. Fans are asked to where red for the contest, which will conclude the Jonesboro Chamber of Commerce's traditional Paint the Town Red week.

Apparently no English majors at A-State...
This checks out 😂

What made you think that? I think we all knew he wasn't that guy the second we saw President take a snap from behind center. And how he actually didn't trust Dane Evans his 1st year starting and we had to wait until his SR season before the play book opened up a bit and the ball went all over the place. Then immediately after that we had a strong of QBs who may have struggled to tie their shoes properly if they were part of the playbook because the instructions were confusing.
That is a big reason he was hired. He had coached a heisman trophy winner. He was supposed to be this QB guru coming in. Boy was that wrong!!!

Reactions: TU 1978
That is a big reason he was hired. He had coached a heisman trophy winner. He was supposed to be this QB guru coming in. Boy was that wrong!!!
Oh, I know. We all soon quickly learned that Monty wasn't much without Art Briles designing and calling the plays...or managing the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT