ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs Arkansas state predictions

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2017
Going to make a bold prediction and say TU gets their first big road win under Kevin Wilson

Tulsa 31
Arkansas state 17

Arkansas State should be a slam dunk shouldn't it? Am I way off on this one? I don't know much about them, so my ignorance is on full display here... I figured a big road win would be against a power (whatever the damn number is now since it ain't 5 seemingly) conference opponent. Kevin Wilson definitely needs to get SEVERAL wins under his large belt and soon.

Arkansas State is an average Sunbelt team. We should beat average Sunbelt teams. I believe we get the job done here.

TU 35
Ark St. 17

Ark state REALLY struggled with FCS central ark - took a last second 50/50 call that went their way to steal a win. Their fans are trying to spin it as central ark being an fcs natty contender, but central ark didn’t look great either… if we go in there an execute, keep penalties low, and not have any special teams blunders, we should walk out with a W.

TU - 34
Team formerly known as Indians - 20

Arkansas State should be a slam dunk shouldn't it? Am I way off on this one? I don't know much about them, so my ignorance is on full display here... I figured a big road win would be against a power (whatever the damn number is now since it ain't 5 seemingly) conference opponent. Kevin Wilson definitely needs to get SEVERAL wins under his large belt and soon.
10 returning offensive starters with a massive offensive line…

Gonna be tough.

TU airs it out early which opens up the running game. ASU can't figure out how to manage a 3 headed dragon.

TU - 38
ASU - 17

Bonus:
TU has 550+ yards and holds ASU to 350- yards.

I don't think people realize just how freaking good Francis is and is going to be.

Will this be a tougher test than last week? Of Course, but he's still going to carve them up.

Their QB is athletic and will probably give us some issues but it'll be good to see how we react.

Francis and Watkins feast: TU 38-20

Arkansas State 34
Tulsa 31
Overtime

Arkansas State much better than what you saw on Saturday. Home officials will help them too. Smart money is close to this line.

Arkansas State 34
Tulsa 31
Overtime

Arkansas State much better than what you saw on Saturday. Home officials will help them too. Smart money is close to this line.
I watched the entire ark state game on Saturday evening. They did not look good. They were slow, especially defensively. They have a good wr, but outside that, I didn’t see anything that would make me think we can’t win this game if we play well.

That's fine. Doesn't explain why they gave up 7.1 yards a carry.
I believe their offensive line all played in the first half anyway, and I didn’t see them lighting it up either

Last edited:
Tulsa - 45
Arkansas St. - 35

I think we'll control the game and it'll feel like a larger margin of victory than this but until we stop trying to play all 3 QBs and make silly mental mistakes on special teams and defense opponents will be able to score easier than they should.

Tulsa - 45
Arkansas St. - 35

I think we'll control the game and it'll feel like a larger margin of victory than this but until we stop trying to play all 3 QBs and make silly mental mistakes on special teams and defense opponents will be able to score easier than they should.
It's a little early to say we are and will be playing all 3 QBS. Wilson even said it won't be a rotating door. Francis is CLEARLY the guy and Cardell is perfect for situational football.

Not a prediction but, the Sun Belt conference just announced that ASU's TD catch shouldn't have counted the other night because replay was used improperly. That is absolutely insane and embarrassing and UCA should be given a win now, honestly.

Let’s take another review of their fan board for lols. Here are some highlights:

“…we blow them out…”

“As far as Tulsa they are not as good as UCA, and you were a lot better than the score shows”

“Tulsa is not good. Have no indication of being better than UCA”

“I went to their fan board and they seem to think they will win. Foolish.”

All this after they came within a sperm width of losing to an fcs team… which it turns out, according to their own conference, that their last second td shouldn’t have counted. So it’s 50/50 on whether they would have scored with 3 seconds left… maybe they do, maybe they don’t…

Then to say UCA is better than Tulsa? LOL. UCA was a mediocre fcs team who went 7-4 last year. That’s cool at that level, but 7-4 in fcs probably won’t translate to many fbs wins… except the one that was stolen from them ons Saturday by an incompetent officiating crew.

Now I’m not saying we’ll walk in there and do what we did to Northwestern state last Thursday but, after watching the ark state game on Saturday, we should win this game if we play well.

This game is probably going to be similar to the Northern Illinois game from last season that we ended up winning by 8.

Coincidently, NIU beat Arkansas State in a bowl game last year.

This game is probably going to be similar to the Northern Illinois game from last season that we ended up winning by 8.

Well, that game was on the road and Cardell played very poorly if I remember.
I don't see Kirk doing that, so that's why I think we win fairly easily.

Very well could be right. Nothing is guaranteed and we have to do our part…

Well, that game was on the road and Cardell played very poorly if I remember.
I don't see Kirk doing that, so that's why I think we win fairly easily.
Why do you bring up that it was a road game.(NIU) This game is a road game, so that doesn't differentiate it. Our winning this contest, and/or by how much, will be based on how our line holds up against their defense. If our line holds up then we will be fine, and could win by a lot.

Reactions: dougheffking
Why do you bring up that it was a road game.(NIU) This game is a road game, so that doesn't differentiate it. Our winning this contest, and/or by how much, will be based on how our line holds up against their defense. If our line holds up then we will be fine, and could win by a lot.
Arkansas states defensive line is a perfect line for our offense to go against imo

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT