ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa State Fair

Weatherdemon

Sep 11, 2001
Tulsa, OK
First time I've been since Bells closed.

What a cluster. I saw one signs on where to park. It said go east to Hale HS.
Parking 'attendants' everywhere.... Doing nothing but smoking and watching the cluster.
Admission: not a bad price.

Rides: if you don't drop the money on the pass and want to ride more than four rides you'll drop a ton of cash.
If you get the pass there aren't really enough rides to make it worthwhile as all the big rides and some of the kiddie rides are paid for separately.

Love standing in line for 30 minutes watching a ride that seats 40 make rounds with 16 people in it. We got to the front of the line and the operator asks some guy if they're ever going to 'load it up'. After 5 minutes do discussion they began loading it with 40 people. Screw you for making us wait 30 minutes when it should've been 10.
$4 to walk through a fun house. Really?

Rides $3-$7 each from what I saw.
Midway games are good, freakshow it what they are these days, interesting but cheesy. Shark exhibit didn't seem sanctioned. Some questionable 'dancing' with a shark by the diver.

IPE building stuff was fun. The whole fam enjoyed that.

Beware the candy store.... Good lord! I didn't know a lot of that stuff was still made. I could've dropped $50 for myself there.

If you're going to have fun with food, drinks, and rides, bring $100 per person minimum. Park at the school and take the shuttle.

Starting Thursday, bring a jacket and maybe rain gear.

Gawd I hope my kids don't want to do that again.... Ever.
This post was edited on 10/4 7:31 AM by Weatherdemon

The fair is just a place to go drink beer while trying to keep track of how many mullets (or she-mullets) and pairs of jorts you see throughout your time there. Plus the fried oreos are bomb.

Sorry, WD. Hope you weren't hoping to visit the teeth whitening booth.

I haven't been since undergrad. I *might* go if you paid my admission and my concessions, and literally dropped me off at the gates. And it's perfect weather and there's no football games on.

I don't get it at all.

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
Sorry, WD. Hope you weren't hoping to visit the teeth whitening booth.

I haven't been since undergrad. I *might* go if you paid my admission and my concessions, and literally dropped me off at the gates. And it's perfect weather and there's no football games on.

I don't get it at all.
LOL!

I saw that on the news. YIKES!!!

If I needed or wanted a teeth whitening the state fair is the last place on the plant besides rural Arkansas that I would to for that!

I think someone should appeal due to inadequate findings of fact. The judge presumed the customers had teeth.

Really sad moment explaining to my kids what the Zingo was.

Originally posted by el duran:
Really sad moment explaining to my kids what the Zingo was.
+1000000000. I think the Bell Family still have all the rides dismantled and stored somewhere. Shame they cannot secure a suitable location and reopen Bell's.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT