ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Roughnecks tribute song

Wow! Thanks, that is possibly the greatest song ever recorded! It combines two of my favorite things- Roughneck soccer and punk rock. I think I will have to attend an upcoming show to hear it live. I never noticed before that your band mate is Mr concept of nonsense.

Thanks, fellas.

boulder, I've known Chad for many, many years. Even played in a band with him called Mad Arab for a few months back in 86 or 87. So a few years ago we talked about starting up a new project. He said, it'll be Oi! The songs will be about drinking beer and/or futbol. I said, let's do it, even though I hadn't picked up a bass in nearly 20 years. We started writing songs and practicing basically a year ago.

The Shame will be at SoundPony on April 27 and Crystal Pistol on May 11. Kilkenny's wanted us outside at 7 p.m. for St. Patty's but our drummer couldn't get off work. That bastard.

Good stuff. I guess the Mad Arab was a bit before my time as I started going to the shows in '89 or so. I plan to catch Larkin on St. Patty's day and now it looks an outing will be necessary in April or May to see you guys.

If you see me selling Shame gear at Arnie's that night, come up and say hi. Not sure I want to intrude on Chad's Larkin stuff, but I don't think he'll mind.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
Kilkenny's wanted us outside at 7 p.m. for St. Patty's but our drummer couldn't get off work. That bastard.

Did Pete Best ever come around or are you guys still not playing anywhere on St. Patty's Day? If I don't drink at least one green beer on St. Patrick's Day I think that they take away my Irishman's card. Kilkenny's and the Shame sounded like a good evening to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT