ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa ranks 2nd in BPL TV ratings

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Tulsa repping the EPL TV ratings - 2nd nationally.

I can't decide what would drive Tulsa ratings like that.

Ideas, besides the obvious love of the sport?

Overseas population living in Ttown for oil and tech?

Lack of bars open at 7am in Tulsa showing the game, lol?

Ideas?

NBC

I saw that last night. And honestly, I couldn't even begin to guess how we pulled that off.

Those NBC rating for BPL coupled with the success of the development team this summer( 2nd best attendance in the nation) begs the question should Kaiser, Schusterman, etc.( Tulsa powers) and Dewey B or Kathy T.(whomever wins) get behind a major league soccer stadium? Tulsa should have an MLS franchise. Does the Athletic's owner have any interest? Was it Abe Lemons that got it all started for the team in the NASL? We need an advocate.

Go TU!!!!

Was our attendance second in the NPSL or does that include NASL and USL as well?

Originally posted by Novocaine:
Was our attendance second in the NPSL or does that include NASL and USL as well?
I think our attendance was 2nd in the 50 odd development teams in our league. There are close to another 50 teams in the other comparable developmental league that the OKC team plays as well.

I think the A's attendance was better than many division 2 and 3 teams as well.

I need to check, my recollection is that many development teams average 300 to 500 a game.

The A's averaged between 2500 to 3000. I believe only Chattanooga averaged more.

Can anyone else confirm?

GO TU!!

Originally posted by Novocaine:
USL league average for 2013 was 2800 per team
NASL hasn't released 2013 figures but 2012 ave. was 3700 per team.

So if the A's averaged between 2500 to 3000 for 2013 would already be comparable to USL. The average PDL team averages around 500 a game.

I think OKC is joining USL next year.

I hope we move up as well.

GO TU!!!

They're going to have to put some $ into Drillers Stadium if we're to play there long term. The bathroom situation, especially for women, was abysmal.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:

I can't decide what would drive Tulsa ratings like that.

Ideas?

It's probably because I'm doing Fantasy Premier League this year with a couple other Tulsans! Okay, probably not the reason...but I didn't expect fantasy 'football' to be this fun. I used to do fantasy baseball and got tired of it quickly. Going into week 3 of BPL, I'm loving it. Made a couple transfers this week after moving up my table in week 2.

I heard a nice-lookin' chick use "relegation" last weekend at The Brook while watching AV-Liverpool. Suddenly, she was a really-good lookin' chick. Not that I was checking her out.

All American sports need relegation (except maybe the NFL). Exhibits A-E below:

A. It makes all the games meaningful all season long for pretty much every team.
B. It gives every team in the country hope of making it to the bigs.
C. It allows smaller market cities access to the pro sports scene.
D. It would instantly double or possibly triple average attendance at all minor league sporting events across the country.
E. It is inherently capitalistic, which Americans theoretically should love.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT