ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 News/Notes Tulsa picked 12th in AAC preseason media poll

I believe we will finish in the top half, minimum.
Go Tulsa football.
Agreed, if we don’t win at least 6, Wilson’s seat needs to start getting hot, it takes about 3 years to get your program going , but not winning at least 6 with this group would be a big failure with the schedual we have

Reactions: TUMU
Agreed, if we don’t win at least 6, Wilson’s seat needs to start getting hot, it takes about 3 years to get your program going , but not winning at least 6 with this group would be a big failure with the schedual we have
Totally agree. Just complete disrespect and zero research done.

Reactions: TU 1978
Totally agree. Just complete disrespect and zero research done.
As I put on my Blue and Gold sunglasses like the Rock used to do in the WWF, I will make this statement , “Tbh , there isn’t one game on the schedual that isn’t winnable ( even against the DUIers of a Oklahoma st ) it would be an upset but definitely not impossible”

Don’t think we finish 12th but I’m also skeptical we finish above .500 in conference. Oline still appears a huge problem. WR depth looks iffy as well. QB play should be better. Curious to see what the Oline can give them. The positive is we only play three teams who had a winning record last season. Schedule is incredibly soft. We need to take advantage.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Don’t think we finish 12th but I’m also skeptical we finish above .500 in conference. Oline still appears a huge problem. WR depth looks iffy as well. QB play should be better. Curious to see what the Oline can give them. The positive is we only play three teams who had a winning record last season. Schedule is incredibly soft. We need to take advantage.
I think we go 3-1 in non conference, beating NW Lousianna , Arkansas state , and la tech , with a loss to osu. In conference , I think we beat Temple , ECU, and FAU which would get us to a bowl .

I think we go 3-1 in non conference, beating NW Lousianna , Arkansas state , and la tech , with a loss to osu. In conference , I think we beat Temple , ECU, and FAU which would get us to a bowl .
I would really like to see 4-4 in conference.

I just hope the run pass balance is better this season, I can’t stand to watch 60% running offense when the O Line is terrible and the defense is mediocre to subpar.

It is inexcusable to not have a 1000 yard rusher when you run the ball 200 more times than you throw it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
I don't have the same fear about WR. I take a Missouri opinion about the OL though.(S.M.) Might be bad, might be decent.

I think we will finish around 6th - 8th. I don't think we improved our OL and I think our defense will be worse (it may not appear that way this year because the schedule is significantly softer).

I do think our QB play will be improved and the relatively new WR corp will be beneficiaries of the improvement there.

We are always better with lower expectations I believe. Are we going to be great? No. But I think we are being SEVERLY under rated.
0-3 wins and Wilson needs to go , 4-5 wins would be disappointing but should get him another year to build his product , 6 wins would be good and should be expected , 7 wins would be a pleasant surprise , 8 + wins and I will be ecstatic

I think were much improved in many areas, but there are lingering concerns on the OL and at the CB position. Those are two areas are hard to cover up weakness and easily exploited. I certainly hope the staff has been able to cobble something together in the off-season and we're all pleasantly surprised with the play and progress. If that happens we certainly should finish above our projection and have the opportunity to play in a bowl. If not, though significant progress in many areas will be apparent, a repeat of last years sub .500 finish is not out of the question.

0-3 wins and Wilson needs to go , 4-5 wins would be disappointing but should get him another year to build his product , 6 wins would be good and should be expected , 7 wins would be a pleasant surprise , 8 + wins and I will be ecstatic
I personally see 7 wins this season....MAYYYYYBBEEEE 8.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT