ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa is 2 point favorite

SMU will cancel due to covid, this way they can slide right into the championship game.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Just over 500 tickets still available for SMU. It looks like a few were sold today.

SMU will cancel due to covid, this way they can slide right into the championship game.

I know... There's such uncertainty as to whether or not we should even allow ourselves to look forward to Saturdays... We keep getting the shaft at the last minute by teams that don't want to tempt fate against this team.

Reactions: quincy101
I know... There's such uncertainty as to whether or not we should even allow ourselves to look forward to Saturdays... We keep getting the shaft at the last minute by teams that don't want to tempt fate against this team.

I begrudgingly bought tickets today due to family pressure. I doubt the game happens but if it does, it should be a helluva game!

I begrudgingly bought tickets today due to family pressure. I doubt the game happens but if it does, it should be a helluva game!
I think it will be OK. SMU has a pretty good dashboard with lots of public information. They currently only have 34 students in isolation. That’s excellent for the size of the school. The infection rate is .4%, which is tolerable, if the football team is following the protocols and not doing the nasty nasty.

Reactions: quincy101
I think it will be OK. SMU has a pretty good dashboard with lots of public information. They currently only have 34 students in isolation. That’s excellent for the size of the school. The infection rate is .4%, which is tolerable, if the football team is following the protocols and not doing the nasty nasty.
On the other hand it's looking like LSU/Bama is not going to happen. I don't know exact numbers but the ESPN ticker report mentioned something like a couple of position groups at LSU are affected almost entirely either through testing positive or being quarantined due to contact tracing.

If the SEC ends up with trouble and cancels some high profile games that might hurt the chance of 1 -2 SEC teams getting in the CFP, my guess is the CFP gets canceled.

Buechele leads the country with 2,581 passing yards on the year. The only game he threw for less than 300 yards was against Cincinnati which is also their only loss on the year.

In that loss their longest pass play was 24 yards and they only threw one interception.

Looking at the stats UC sacked the qb 5 times, all by different players.

He doesnt run the ball a lot as his "Longest run" is typically greater than or close to his rushing total when the game is over.

This tells me average coverage will win the game if we're constantly bringing pressure from different looks. Grahams bend but dont break secondary would be a good plan for Saturday night.

Reactions: HuffyCane
If the
Buechele leads the country with 2,581 passing yards on the year. The only game he threw for less than 300 yards was against Cincinnati which is also their only loss on the year.

In that loss their longest pass play was 24 yards and they only threw one interception.

Looking at the stats UC sacked the qb 5 times, all by different players.

He doesnt run the ball a lot as his "Longest run" is typically greater than or close to his rushing total when the game is over.

This tells me average coverage will win the game if we're constantly bringing pressure from different looks. Grahams bend but dont break secondary would be a good plan for Saturday night.
Basically what we did with Gabriel.

If the

Basically what we did with Gabriel.
we frustrated the crap out of Gabriel and once we adjusted and limited Anderson's effectiveness running the ball in the 2nd half, it made it even more difficult on Gabriel. (If anyone hasn't paid attention, Gabriel has been playing lights out since our game. UCF has put up a crap ton of yards and points against everyone else. They lost to Memphis but it wasn't because the offense didn't play well).

Just under 300 tickets still available for Saturday. It looks like they switched some groups of 4 to groups of 2 which may make them easier to sell.

There will be quite a few Smoo fans I expect & unfortunately, TU has switched them to the upper south end-zone for seating. That's my hang-out spot. Looks like I'll be moving down some but will still be able to see pass patterns & holes for Prince & TK to run through, early & often. Just hoping Smith has his stuff together from the git-go.

Nervous about this one d/t how we performed in the ECU game.......
I keep reading all the hype about how wonderful smooooo is
Maybe I should stop reading!

Nervous about this one d/t how we performed in the ECU game.......
I keep reading all the hype about how wonderful smooooo is
Maybe I should stop reading!
Its SMU, we could go into this game undefeated and them not winning a game all season and I would be nervous. Im pretty sure they feel the same on our bad years. Nature of this rivalry.

An interesting Monty quote from Kelly's article. He doesn't plan on playing not to lose.

“If you get a chance to get a lead you better keep pouring it on and you better continue to keep driving and you better continue to stay positive and stay locked in because there’s too many weapons on both sides not to.”

The weather forecast for tonight has been all over the map for a week. So now, we hear of wind & a 30% chance of rain. OK, fine. If our gameplan is to mostly run it down Smoo's throat, I won't be too bothered by that. Our O-line will wear heavily on them suckers. Taylor, TK & Prince are better & bigger than theirs.

With wind, Buchele's passing game will be affected for long bombs with our back line "affecting" them too. Running it early & often should keep their O off the field, anyway. Just get some 1st downs early for confidence & we'll wrap these ol' boys up in the 4th Q.

Reactions: HuffyCane and TU83
An interesting Monty quote from Kelly's article. He doesn't plan on playing not to lose.

“If you get a chance to get a lead you better keep pouring it on and you better continue to keep driving and you better continue to stay positive and stay locked in because there’s too many weapons on both sides not to.”
Yeah, when I read that, I said, FINALLY!

What took you so long to get that mentality

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT