ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola Chicago/Tulsa Odds

I'm surprised it wasn't more than that as bad as we played against ORU.

1.5 road favorite means the oddsmakers really think they are 4-5 pts better than the home team. There's always about a 2.5- 3 pt build in for the home team. A home team being favored by 3 means the oddsmakers think the teams are about even but they also know most home teams get to shoot 7-10 more FTs , or in the case of the ORU game, 16.

The same is in effect for football. A -3 pt spread for the home team should be viewed as a pick 'em really.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
This is very dramatic. ORU won the game at the FT line in the second half. We had more Fgs and still lost. Playing there is complete nonsense in my opinion.

1.5 road favorite means the oddsmakers really think they are 4-5 pts better than the home team. There's always about a 2.5- 3 pt build in for the home team. A home team being favored by 3 means the oddsmakers think the teams are about even but they also know most home teams get to shoot 7-10 more FTs , or in the case of the ORU game, 16.

The same is in effect for football. A -3 pt spread for the home team should be viewed as a pick 'em really.
I don't think we have been getting that home advantage on free throws for the last game or two!

Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT