ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa has 8 losses this year now 9 losses

Harrington
Seals
Coley
Shelton
Jordan
If we're going to throw Shelton in there, I'm going to throw Gary Collier's name out there. For a 6'5" guy, he was a tremendous rebounder and defender. He was also a much better 3 pt shooter (44% to 37%). If you take Collier's last 2 seasons at TU when he played more minutes, he shot nearly 47% from 3 and he was taking 6+ a game.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I know people on here bashed his skills at times but Elijah Joiner was a warrior. He hated to lose more than most like to win. You could see the emotion not wanting to lose on his face during games and after when we did lose. I suspect some of the new players have better skills (I will defer to the BB experts) but his desire and push of the team may have gotten us 2 or 3 wins in the close games. My 2 cents.
Elijah is flourishing at Iona. 11.0 PPG, 4.5 reb/game, 2.9 assists/game and 40.9% FG. Oh, and Iona is 15-3. I know, you can say "but it's Iona", but the reality is, they win games they're supposed to.

Still sticking with these 5.

Pooh Williamson-Best ball handler in TU history. Top 10 in 3 PT %
Steve Harris- Great shooter, 2nd behind Coley in steals, and 87% FT
Michael Ruffin- 2nd in blocked shots, 1st in rebounds
Jerome Jordan- Second in Rebounds, Number 1 in blocked shots
Dante Swanson- # 1 in 3 point %, 87% FT

Honorable Mention- Paul Pressey, Greg Harrington (These two will provide spark off the bench !)

If we're going to throw Shelton in there, I'm going to throw Gary Collier's name out there. For a 6'5" guy, he was a tremendous rebounder and defender. He was also a much better 3 pt shooter (44% to 37%). If you take Collier's last 2 seasons at TU when he played more minutes, he shot nearly 47% from 3 and he was taking 6+ a game.
I will change my original to add Collier... but no way and I moving The Rubber Band Man, Kevin Johnson, and Silky Steve Harris off that list. Or Ruffin... Harrington needs to be on there... Moore and Moss... Jason Parker... Marcus Hill... man we had a ton of good players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT