ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa dominates ORU in Mayor's Cup - Recap/Video

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
When Junior Etou scores 30 points, Tulsa is going to be awfully tough to defeat. Crosstown rival ORU found that out the hard way, as Etou’s performance squelched any upset hopes in Tulsa’s 90-71 victory over ORU to win the annual Mayor’s Cup on Monday night in front of 4,437 fans at the Reynolds Center.

LINK: Tulsa beats ORU

Somebody mentioned this the other day but what’s with the slo-mo love in the highlights?

Don't know, but they've been doing it for quite some time.

They didn’t last year. The music choices are better but you don’t really get to see the great plays the team made when they only use baseline angle + slow mo. They’re putting highlights out though, so I guess I shouldn’t really complain

They didn’t last year. The music choices are better but you don’t really get to see the great plays the team made when they only use baseline angle + slow mo. They’re putting highlights out though, so I guess I shouldn’t really complain
Sorry...I just meant that it's been every highlight video I've seen this season.

I'm impressed by the pass from Tap. He lobbed it from half court

And in stride, a lot of times guys have to jump into the pass.

If you saw it live (the camera doesn't pan over to the basket in time) though you would've thought he overthrew Igbanu. Jeffries was far away from the goal when Tap let go of the ball, it was a great timing play on both of their parts --- really got the TU fans into it (relatively speaking) and the ORU fans around me looked deflated after it happened.

That Dane Taplin fella can really chuck the pig skin.

I notice the Taplin haters have been pretty silent so far
Taplin has been a lot better at shedding the help defender on his drives off the pick and roll. He used to either be too slow, or he was waiting for contact and he would get his shot blocked from behind.

And in stride, a lot of times guys have to jump into the pass.

If you saw it live (the camera doesn't pan over to the basket in time) though you would've thought he overthrew Igbanu. Jeffries was far away from the goal when Tap let go of the ball, it was a great timing play on both of their parts --- really got the TU fans into it (relatively speaking) and the ORU fans around me looked deflated after it happened.

You can see it a little better on the wide angle.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Taplin has been a lot better at shedding the help defender on his drives off the pick and roll. He used to either be too slow, or he was waiting for contact and he would get his shot blocked from behind.

He's been more decisive and aggressive so far this year, which I love. It does feel like he's still a hair off when finishing. I'd have to double check, but I think he's 10/22 on layups so far.

Gotta figure having 5 shooters on the court at all times has given him a little more room to work too

Reactions: astonmartin708
He's been more decisive and aggressive so far this year, which I love. It does feel like he's still a hair off when finishing. I'd have to double check, but I think he's 10/22 on layups so far.
Yeah, to be honest he's not shot the ball too well from 3 ft and in or from the 3 point line so far this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT